' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Colors of summer

Sunday 13 July 2014

Colors of summer

At last I am entering another Impression Obsession challenge! You know how it is, so many challenges... so little time!
I was thinking of doing hot colours on glossy card but as I did that recently, I changed tack and used one of my fancy shaped silk cards. I am a fan of IO's Cover-A-Card stamps, but with the shaped card, the design didn't sit well. Instead I decided to forego the stamps completely and use dies to create a stencil.
I first die-cut the bigger butterflies with the IO Butterflies Die (DIE008-I), then added the small butterflies with a long reach punch, from a scrap piece paper (glossy magazine) to make my stencil.

I used distress inks to create my summer haze, applying them liberally and not trying to get a smooth look.

Now for the shine.... I applied Sparkle Medium in Jade (Imagination Crafts) through the stencil and voila!


I am also entering the Country View CraftsImagination Crafts and That's Crafty challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

6 comments:

  1. Vibrant background and stunning sparkly flutterbyes. Love your shaped card very much. A magical gift for someone:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours and glittery butterflies. This would be just right for the challenge at Try it on Tuesday as well :)

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mais c'est superbe !!! Bravo pour avoir fait ton propre pochoir de cette façon (très jolie envolée de papillons je trouve), et ton fond est magnifique !! Bonne chance pour tous ces challenges, je suis comme toi, j'aimerais faire tous ceux que j'aime, mais c'est juste impossible snif :) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and fabulous stenciling!Love the colours you used! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how creative with the IO dies. I have to say the butterflies look a bit like Marcasite. Looks Fen Shui to me too. Very vibrant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this thanks for joining us at IC xx Jan dt

    ReplyDelete