' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: A summer's Day at the Beach

Thursday 25 August 2016

A summer's Day at the Beach

Today I am showing a second piece of inspiration on the theme Hot summer days, chosen by my teammate Jane for the August Country View challenge.

I had to involve the beach... There is something about the sea, primeval maybe, that attracts and fascinates. The sound of crashing waves, the smell of salty air, the feel of sand under your feet... there's nothing like it!


First I played with acrylic inks on watercolour paper, stamping some images from the Retro Beach set (Rubber Dance) on top.
Choosing a base of Kraft cardstock for my panel, I added some direct stamping in white pigment ink with the fisherman's net and black ink with the "Postcard" stamps from the same set.

I drew a sea and some sand with pastels.


The frame echoes the first stamped image, a square with script details.
I created it with thick cardstock and applied Grunge Paste (Paper Artsy) on top. After 10mns drying time, I then impressed a script stamp texture into it (ESN10 - Paper Artsy). When completely dried,  I painted the frame with black acrylic and used Treasure Gold in Amethyst and White Fire to highlight the texture.

The "Dymo" labels, from the same Rubber Dance set, were stamped on glossy cardstock to give a more realistic effect.

Finally, I placed a piece of muslin, micro beads and air dry clay seashells on the "sand" around the frame.

I hope I have inspired you to enter the Country View Challenges, you could win a £20 voucher to use on the Country View Crafts website!


Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the SSS Wednesday, Penny Black and more, and Stamping Sensations challenges

13 comments:

  1. Really terrific project with wonderful use of everything.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely beach piece Christine, gorgeous textures. Great frame for your stamping too. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really delightful creation Christine and evokes happy memories of childhood when beach holidays were the norm, thank you so much for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the sea and beach as much as you do, so this card is my cup of tea! The muslin and naturalistic looking shells ad a lot of interest to your card. Thank you so much for using my stamps like this! Oh, love how you made the word stamps look very much as if made by a Dymo! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stamped images, and the textured frame is so cool. Love the sunbleached look of the cheesecloth and shells, and it all looks great against the kraft.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, this is gorgeous. The silhouette stamps that you've used against the coloured backgrounds look amazing and I really like the way you've framed the second image. The words that you've used look great and all of the other elements that you've used work together beautifully against the Kraft card which makes a perfect sandy background. Thank you for your visit to my blog and for your kind comment. I love your art and have just become your newest follower. Happy crafting. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! LOVE the texture on the frame, too! You left a message on my blog about the texture in the background.. it is not fabric, but the background has been stamped with.. yes fabric. A custom made stamp pad - some leftover inks in there, and I used that to stamp backgrounds (direct to paper) until it didn't have ink in it anymore. I've also used these backgrounds in this post : http://elliecreahoekje.blogspot.nl/2011/12/challenge-set-of-cards-at-hero-arts.html and http://elliecreahoekje.blogspot.nl/2011/12/christmas-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful panel, Christine! Summer feeling at it´s best! The textured frame is gorgeous.
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful creation! A perfect summer scene and I love the vintage look you made! The shells are a great add. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project ! Wonderful !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ta carte (car c'est bien une carte au final?..) est vraiment chouette... Encore une fois, tu as réalisé un mélange astucieux de techniques et tampons, pour un résultat top. Bravo Christine!! Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous vintage card. Love the square elements on the card and great texture too. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp It's Hip to be Square Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous piece of art, love all the elements of it

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
    ( sorry for being late with my comment)
    Joan

    ReplyDelete