' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Patina and alcohol resist techniques

Friday 23 September 2016

Patina and alcohol resist techniques

In September Tim Holtz is revisiting Paint Patina and alcohol ink resist techniques. I love the look of patina but never tried Tim's technique so this was the time to experiment!

As usual I won't describe the step by step as Tim has done it better than I ever could HERE.


My  resist isn't as defined as I would have wanted it (did I leave it to dry too much?) but up close you can recognise the stamp, Family values from The Artistic Stamper.

I had to replace the alpha part by a die-cut, I used one of Sizzix/Tim Holtz Thinlits (Sentiments words) and decided to add a die-cut corner, also a Sizzix/TH thinlits (Mixed Media) on the upper left.
A hinge die-cut from black shrink plastic (Hardware findings Bigz - Sizzix) and a Tando arrow chipboard have been given the patina treatment to tie in.

For stencils I used Tim Holtz Layering stencil set 10 and TCW Mini Ledger.

As techniques goes, I really enjoyed the patina and love the effect, especially on the arrow:


but I'm less enamoured of the resist as it is more difficult to control!

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the Stamps & Stencils, We Love To Create and Sandy & Amelie Steampunk  challenges.

10 comments:

  1. A really super card in lush warm Autumnal colours Christine.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific with everything matching so well to make it a wonderful project.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! Love the effect of the resist and the colour combo. Fabulous project.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool!! I have to try this technique, looks fun to do! Your choice of colours are awesome! Love the stitches - they add such lovely details to your card. Absolutely gorgeous! Well done, you! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my fave makes of yours Christine.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clarity of your design, Christine,

    and the resist has turned out just beautifully! A wonderful project!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fine colours!
    Thank you for sharing it at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an artistic composition and color play here. I adore this amazing project, Christine. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamps and Stencils for our Colors of Autumn challenge. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some gorgeous colour combinations on this gorgeous project Christine! Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete