' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Travel Mini book part 2

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Travel Mini book part 2

Glad to see you back here for Part 2 of my Travel Mini book!

Part 1 was all about the construction and part 2 is all about the fun things... such as stamping my pages. However, as I tried to write this post, I wasn't sure how easy to understand my project was, so I had a shot at making a video to show the completed project in action. Do forgive the lack of skills and equipment, although the quality of the picture from my phone camera is pretty good considering it's not top of the range.


Let's take a closer look at the pages and the details, starting with the cover:









I have embossed the cover with the Sizzix/Tim Holtz folder Eiffel Tower and rubbed some Treasure Gold in Onyxite, Amethyst and White fire to highlight some of the texture.






I showed the first page at the beginning of the month here.

The 2nd page uses stamps from the Paper Artsy set HP1208.

I stamped the 3rd page with a map, in black, and the Travel word embossed in WOW Vanilla embossing powder both from the Travel plate by Rubber Dance . I also overstamped and embossed 2 motifs from the Docrafts set All Aboard - Air Mail (Vanilla and Pomegranate Wow EPs).

 
On page 4 and 5 I have teamed up images from the Travel plate by Rubber Dance (stamped in black) with labels from the Carnaval Venise plate (Katzelkraft- KT55), which I have embossed in Vanilla EP. The tucked in "Polaroid photo " seen in the video is a stamp from the same Venise plate.
 
The stamps on my last 2 pages are all Katzelkraft from the Paris Monuments plate (KTZ-50).
 
The tags which I have tucked in the pockets are some of my pre-prepared "embellishments", and are standing in for ephemera.

You might have noticed that I have punched out semi circles where I have pockets so I can pull out the tickets stubs easily. I did this after the stamping so I would not end up trying to stamp over  a hole!

I hope you find this project inspiring and fun to make and will join us at Country View Challenges to share your Travel makes.

Thanks for coming by,


Also entering the WOW Embossing powders challenges.

11 comments:

  1. What a fab book Christine and I love the pockets. I'm just enjoying a last cuppa on our balcony in Rhodes before we set off home xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful project with wonderful stamping on the pages and the cover is stunning

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video shows the mini book fabulously Christine a very detailed project.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work as always with perfect soft colours and attention to detail.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have many travel stamps, Christine! Fabulous mini book! I love the cover! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thank you for shooting that video - I think it looks great and it made it very easy to understand how you've made the album. Love it!! Nice to see some of my travel stamps there. Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mini album Christine and all the amazing stamps you used. Great video too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little book, love the Kraft card colour to set it off. Beautiful stamping! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really good Christine, you too have got some fabulous stamps :-) Have a fun week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. C'est super joli, ce mini sur Paris est très réussi, et ta vidéo également, chapeau bas tu m'épateras toujours !!!!
    Bisous... je vais essayer de voir en détail ce que j'ai loupé les jours précédents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mini book, Christine! The cover looks so elegant and the tone in tone inside I love!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete