' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Christmas Town

Thursday 1 December 2016

Christmas Town

I can't believe we are in December, Christmas is looming and another year has passed!

Yes, it's the 1st of the month, time for a new challenge at Country View Crafts and I made this Christmas card to kick off our theme hosted by Debs.


My inspiration was slow to come and it's only when I found a very old piece of cardstock that I finally had a brainwave. Any of you have ever encountered Stardream?

I checked and it still exist. This card is smooth, very thick and has a plastic feel to it. I thought that maybe it would work just like a gessoed surface... and it did work with my chosen medium the way I wanted so now I know how to use up my stock! The colour I have is Sapphire a deep blue that reminded me of a night sky.

I first applied some Gelatos and using my fingers spread it around the bottom of the card where I next stamped the Textured Houses (Rubber Dance) in Archival ink.


For the sky I used JOFY Mini 06 (Paper Artsy) and also the small star flurry motif form the Textured Feathers (also Rubber Dance) stamped and embossed in white.
I stamped the sentiment (Katzelkraft) in the same way.






To give the idea of the Milky way I added Distress crayon in white around the embossed stars, spreading the colour with my fingers. 
Finally, I matted my image on a contrasting colour of cardstock.

I have great difficulties in getting decent photos at this time of the year, especially with my Daylight lamp on the blink so I am including this picture taken with sunlight catching it.

So hop over to the Country View Craft challenge blog, admire what my teamies did and get a full tank of inspiration for your Christmas cards.  Just make sure you come back to link to our challenge and show us your beauties, you could win a £20 voucher!

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the SSS Wednesday, The Artistic Stamper and Inkychicks challenges.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with traditional feel to it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Christmas card with a fun sentiment.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I like the house stamp!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas night scene! Great card!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card! ♥
    I had not heard about the Stardream cardstock before, so I looked it up and it sure looks interesting. I know what you're saying about taking photos this time of year, and I bet the card is even more shimmery than what we see here. Even so, it is gorgeous! Love your "Milky Way" and how you've combined our tiny stars stamps with the bigger ones - a good match that gives the illusion of depth. Thank you for using our house stamps on your beautiful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card ! So effective !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - love the sparkle Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great when you find a way to use old stock up and this turned out brilliantly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fabulous, love how you've made the stars.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have done similar projects again! Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'aime bien ta carte, elle est très mignonne... mais aussi j'aime beaucoup ton idée d'exploiter de cette manière le crayon Distress blanc! Super idée!!! ça paraît iben marcher pour créer une auréole lumineuse autour des étoiles... j'essaierai, merci !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful shower of stars over your sleeping village! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete