' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Mothballing Christmas

Saturday 7 January 2017

Mothballing Christmas

Welcome to my second inspiration piece for the January Country View Challenge hosted by Brenda.
A nice and easy theme of Anything goes allows me to share my January crafting activities.

If you thought "A snowman!" after Christmas... well I don't know about you, but after a month long making Christmas projects, I have lots of left overs, crafty ones that is... Which I won't need until late 2017. So, I can either bin the lot, or use it to make some cards for next Christmas and, since it's the holidays, I might as well use the time constructively and avoid waste!


First, I look at scraps of cardstock and paper too small to be used as mats or as a base to stamp on. I die-cut or punch shapes and sentiments from these, like this Brusho'ed piece of card on the right. Here I used a Memory box leaf and some Handwritten Tim Holtz dies.

Then, any piece that suggests a make I put to use immediately. And so I made my first snowman panel out of a sprayed sheet of white paper. Actually it's not the paper I had sprayed, as such, but some snowflakes, the paper was just there to catch the drips! But looking at it I saw snowy hills, perfect to stamp pine trees and snowmen...


The pine trees are from Stampscapes and the Snowman and sentiments are from Rubber Dance. For colour I used pencils on Mr Frosty.

The spray (Prima Bloom in Precious Stone, a silvery grey) already gave a snowy look to the sky but I decided to add a few white flakes with an acrylic paint pen (Graphmaster).

I still had another square from the same paper so I tweaked the design to give this second version:


I hope I have inspired you to use your scraps and that you'll enter our Anything goes challenge, you could win a £20 voucher to spend on new goodies!

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the Craft Stamper TIMI and Stamplorations CAS and Casology challenges.

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Christine!!! And as the snow arrived in January to Luxembourg your card is absolutely timely for us :-) I love your grey-misty background! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is this Christine getting a head start on your Christmas cards for 2017 and two beautiful CAS cards they are.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card and a really happy looking Snowman Christine.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popped over from CVC to have a closer look at your fabulous card. Love the snowman stamp and the great use of your leftovers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a whole drawer of leftovers and I should take a cue from you and put them to use. Your snowman cards are wonderful. And to think they started with overspray that you added fantastic coloring to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrappy, dappy do! Go for it Christine. Great idea! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So durn adorable! I love your wintry sky backgrounds...kind of looks like ours now, but it would be hard to put together a snowman with the 100 or so flakes we got here in frigid NC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really lovely card! I make Christmas cards year round ... I never tire of them and this is a beauty! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!! Love the grey colours - I would not have thought of that for winter cards but it looks awesome!!! I really like the snowflakes on the first card, gives it more life I think. Thank you for the idea and inspiration, and also for using our stamps so beautifully!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! Your cards are wonderful. It feels like a snowy winter day. I also like the snowflakes on the first card. That makes it look so real and adds dimension. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty COLD winter scene you created Craftyfield! So glad you joined us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful scene here!! LOVE that darling snowman and what an amazing scene you've made for him as well! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how that spray looks! Absolutely beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card, Christine! Clever to use the scraps for next year cards!
    Your snowy scene is adorable.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouh! il neige fort dans ta carte, ambiance hivernale assurée! bravo, je vois même le brouillard m'envahir! le résultat est top!!!
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  16. J'adore cette petite carte, absolument adorable.. les tampons et les couleurs sont superbes aussi, et comme le dit si bien Sylvie juste au dessus, le résultat est vraiment TOP!!! Bisous, bonne semaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Je la met sur mon board 'Christmas inspiration'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this misty winter scene, it looks so real!!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete