' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Foiled Heart

Saturday 17 June 2017

Foiled Heart

Welcome to my second Heart themed make for the Country View Challenge, hosted by the lovely Hazel.

Still shunning the reds and pinks, I went metallic and enjoyed pulling out the Gilding Flakes.

First I applied double sided adhesive to a 6x6" (15x15cms) piece of light cardstock and die cut a central square. I keep the resulting frame for another project and die-cut the Sending Love heart (Memory Box) from the square.

I then applied the flakes over the sticky die-cut. I use a soft brush to pick up individual flakes if I need a particular colour or want a smooth finish. The sponge rubs away all excess flakes.  

I stuck the foiled heart onto a piece of black Core'dinations and to frame my center piece, I embossed a piece of Gemstones Core'dinations and applied Gold accents with DecoArt Metallic Lustre.

The folder is a freebie from a magazine (old stash...)

And because metallic are so difficult to photograph, first a full frontal pic:


then the shine shot:













And a different angle...

I am so glad I thought about the flakes, I don't think I have used them much, even though they do deliver that wow factor.

Don't lose your heart and enter our challenge, you could win £ 20 to spend on crafting supplies from the Country View Craft web shop!

I'm looking forward to see all your entries....

I am entering the SSS Monday,  SSS Wednesday challenges.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Metals are so hard to photograph, but the beauty of this project shines through in your great photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super photography Christine the shine comes through perfectly but without the glare

    Love your make and the inspiration it gives. I think we are all guilty of buying the flakes but not using them very much.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to see you using your gilding flakes! They are one of those products that seem to have lost popularity but I just love them and it's nice to get them out occasionally. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful card! The texture you created is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful metallic card!!! The centre part is just fabulous with the gilding flakes!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful elegant card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Christine, really eye catching xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Christine. Great job on the photos. The detail looks amazing.
    Hus Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Du plus bel effet, cette carte! bon week-end!
    Bises, Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gilded lustre on the embossed frame to echo the gorgeous glitter flakes. What a fab glamorous card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super design with the frame Christine and very effective foiling.

    B x

    ReplyDelete