' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Cute but CAS

Monday 18 September 2017

Cute but CAS

I should be working on  a DT project but I'm waiting for the crackle medium to dry.... using a heat gun is not an option because the crackles aren't as big if you do...

Instead I find myself inspired to make the Rubbernecker(s) smile... with an Autumnal card.


The stamps are from 2 Paperbabe stamp sets, designed by Kim Costello. I don't know about you but the sentiment always makes me smile!
I stamped tree, branches and leaves individually with a Kaleidacolor inkpad (Autumn Leaves), since the stamps are small enough to ink them with each small pad of colour independently. In fact, I actually used several inks on each leaf with yellow, green and orange to mimic real life autumn leaves which do not lose their green colour all at once.

The leaves are die cut from fun foam and coloured with DecoArt Mixed Media acrylic colours.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stamping session, in particular building a tree and creating a carpet of fallen leaves exactly as I wanted...

Do tell me in the comments if you like the card and if it does make you smile!

I am also entering the Addicted to stamps, SSS Wednesday, Paperbabe, Allsorts and The Artistic Stamper challenges.

10 comments:

  1. So, so cute, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great motto! Very very cute indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! et tes couleurs de feuilles sont extras!!! bises. Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet Autumnal creation Christine and agree, that sentiment does bring a smile, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely cute card.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Such a lovely CAS design! Sweet image!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this over at Paperbabe whilst looking for something else, just love how you've used Kim's beautiful stamps Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sentiment! Thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts this week, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS work - the multi-coloured leaves are wonderful both in the stamping and echoed with the embellishments.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The colours on the leaves are fabulous. Definitely made me smile. Love it.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete