' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Autumn days

Friday 6 October 2017

Autumn days

The Stamplorations Theme and Sketch challenge is back and to my delight I have been invited for a further 3 months as a Guest designer!

This month's theme and sketch are:

For my first inspiration piece, I used both (entries in the challenge are only required to follow either the Sketch or the Theme) and made this CAS card:


For some reason I was intent on using vellum, so I stamped the leaves from the Trendy Leaves set with a Kaleidacolor inkpad (Autumn Leaves ) and used a piece of blue vellum to matt my focal image, the Better than Autumn stamp . This was also stamped with a Kaleidacolor inkpad,  Blue Breeze this time.

I coloured the image with pencils and added the sentiment from the Better than Autumn set.

Now, I'll share with you my experience with Distress Oxides on this project, the inks I had originally planned to use.
I had stamped the leaves using Distress Oxides onto the blue vellum, thinking that the inks would be opaque and the blue would only show in the script and other details of the stamps. As far as opacity went, yes, the D.O  delivered... BUT... within minutes of drying all I could see was the whitish layer of pigment ink, and none of the bright Fossilized Amber and Fired Brick dyes! I'm guessing this is something to do with the absorbency, or rather lack of, of the vellum. Do share your experiences in the comment, I'd love to understand more.

Digression over, do come by the Stamplorations blog for more inspirational makes from the DT and do enter the challenge! Remember that you don't need Stamplorations products to enter and there are prizes to be won...

I'll be back on the 20th of October for a second inspiration post.

Keep on crafting,
I am entering the Craft Stamper TIMI, Uniko StudioInfiniment Scrap, and Addicted to Stamps challenges.
   

13 comments:

  1. That's a great fall card. Good job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card- love the colors used!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very modern autumn card. Interesting about the DO will have to watch out for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card lovely colour combo. Interesting about the oxides on velum. I have found they are great for stamping and then clear embossing which was a nice surprise. So could be a bit of a money saver. The other thing that surprised me was that some of the colours that I thought would work together didn't but other did. So nice alternatives for backgrounds. Lovely post as always Christine.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ils sont beaux ces tampons et parfaits pour le sketch à suivre. Ta carte est très chouette. je n'ai pas essayé les Oxides sur du Velum donc très intéressant de te lire. bon week end. bizz . Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine yes how funny we chose the same stamps to showcase again. Your card is lovely. How strange re the oxide ink but I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful take on our autumn challenge and I'm loving that addition of blue to the deep orange and red tones. Thanks so much for joining us at Uniko this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Fall card! Had my pumpkin latte today, but now I want another one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on that sketch ..... love the autumn colours with the pop of blue. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect combination of the sketch challenge with our fall/halloween challenge ! Beautiful combo of colours too ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, and what more is needed than pumpkins for Autumn, thanks for joining us at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this CAS design, beautifully thought out and loving the pop of blue amongst the rich autumnal colours. Almost like looking up at the bright blue sky through an Autumnal tree on a fresh crisp morning. Thank you so much for sharing, inspiring and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete