' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Yellow and Purple make grey

Sunday 19 May 2019

Yellow and Purple make grey

 I am back for a second inspiration post for our challenge at Country View Crafts! The theme chosen by Teresa is Opposites. I chose the easy option of colour opposites (on the colour wheel) so I could use any stamps, or rather, new stamps that I have barely touched since I got them in February and couldn't wait to use at last!

I cracked open my Paper Artsy goodies and off I stamped a one layer card, with barely any masking, pure stamping pleasure!



I simply stamped the top of the clock stamp from the HP1901 set in black, then the scribbled flower in Memento Grape Jelly, the chevron and dots with yellow dye ink all from the ETS25 set.

I felt the lower left corner needed some black so I added the ear of wheat from the ELB33 set, an old favourite of mine.

I hope I have inspired you to enter our challenge, remember one lucky crafter will win a £20 voucher to spend on Country View Crafts goodies...

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Addicted to stampsCraft StamperPenny Black and more  challenges.

10 comments:

  1. Such a striking creation Christine, I always love purple and yellow as a colour palette, thanks so much for joining in our 'Feminine' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with great colours, Christine!!! The purple looks fabulous with the yellow!!! We should use them more often!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and a great idea for the Opposites challenge this month! The purple and yellow look so pretty together 😀. Thanks so much for having me as Guest Designer this month 😊. Creative wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it ! It is hard to believe that if you mix them they make a very unsavoury colour ! :o)
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "simply" stamped card, dear Christine!! Back to the roots - and it´s absolutely amazing with the opposite colors you used.
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple en apparence, mais bien belle cette carte !!
    Bises, bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the composition of your card. The placement of the elements and the colors are so pleasing to the eye. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great colour combination with plenty of wow factor! Love how you have used the different elements xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great contrasting colours, and I love that scribbly flower. I can understand purple + yellow = grey, but the one I somehow have great trouble getting my head round is ultramarine blue + burnt sienna = grey!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete