' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Butterfly eyes

Monday 17 June 2019

Butterfly eyes

Today is for my second Country View Challenge inspiration post, and let me tell you it did not turn out how I had envisioned at all... I was thinking Vintage, shabby chic etc... but once I had started my background I loved the bright colours and wanted to keep with it.

Our challenge theme this month, chosen by the lovely Jane, is "It's a bug's life" so, of course I have a few insects on the tag, but the star of the show is a rather fantasy butterfly... gifted to me by a crafter friend.


 

I used 3 colours of Paper Artsy Fresco paints and their brayer to colour my tag. Here's the first layer on the right.

My next move was to add dark touches with Blueberry Fresco, especially around the tag. I then knocked it back with the Blue Oyster as it was a bit fierce.

All in all it probably took 10 minutes and the paints dry very quickly!

My focal image is one by Carabelle Studio,  Sweet Butterfly Eyes, it is stamped in black and embossed, then coloured with watercolour pencils.

 I popped it up on foam pads and placed on a die-cut (Crafters Companion - Create a Flower Metal Die - What A Mesh!) which loosely reminds me of the broken surface of a lake.


For embellishments I played with lots of embossing, first with the Adelaide stem (Memory box) die-cut which I embossed with Ultra thick Tropic red powder for the blooms  and Moss green EP for the stem.
The small wooden bee has been embossed in yellow for the body, Chai Latte for the wings and black for the head (since you ask, yes it is fiddly work!)

The wooden dragonfly has been embossed with a mix of Vintage peacock and Seaglass.

All powders are from Wow embossing, apart from the Ultra Thick Embossing crystals in tropic red (Cosmic Shimmer )

I hope that I did justice to that beautiful butterfly image and that I have inspired you to join our Country View challenge. Don't forget a random player will scoop up a £20 voucher to spend on crafting goodies...

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the  We Love To Create, Craft Stamper TIMI, Penny Black and more, Stamping Sensations challenges.

13 comments:

  1. Isn't that always the way! All the best creations are not what we expected or envisioned. Fabulous tag. Loooove the background and embellishments. Lovely effect with the embossing powder. Have a wonderful creative week.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stuck with those colours Christine as they look lovely and a super muted inky background. Thanks so much for joining in our June themes at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tag with a great background and I love that butterfly with the eyes. Thank you for joining our Blooms, Butterflies and Bugs challenge at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, Christine, and the Fresco painted background is just fabulous!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag, Christine! I love the background, and the butterfly is so striking. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag. I love the butterfly. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beauty Christine, I love your ultra thick embossing. Have a very happy week, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy tag - glad you kept those bright colours and the stamp is gorgeous xx Have a lovely evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag! The background looked so much funt create and that little bee is adorable 😀. Wishing you a wonderful week! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I really like that brayered background - it really captures a sunlit afternoon - a great setting for the butterfly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful tag! The background is fab and the embossed diecuts are amazing. And of course - the butterfly is gorgeous.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely background and the bright colours have an energetic feel, great to offset the butterfly xx

    ReplyDelete