' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Autumn morning (bis)

Friday 11 October 2019

Autumn morning (bis)

Today is my second inspiration post for our Country View Challenge where the theme is Bokeh.
 
And yes, as the title suggest, another morning... although this one is very abstract,
so it really is up to you what you see in my make!


I have no step by step because I had no idea where I was going with the piece of cardstock I started with. I applied some Fresco paints in Butter, Pumpkin Soup, South Pacific, Blue Oyster and Claret. I did this in several layers until I was happy with the result.
I then used a DIY stencil and a foam sponge to apply gesso for the Bokeh effect, and here too I had to apply several coats to get the circles to stand out.

I added some stamping with the Paper Artsy set ELB33, the dotty border and corner with Distress Oxide in Denim and the wheat in Versafine Clair Pinecone. Neither of these inks dried on the acrylic paint and  I hastily embossed with clear EP.

I stamped the sentiment from the same set with Black Versafine and embossed with Wow! Chai Latte  EP, which has a subtle sheen and slight opacity.
 
I hope you like my make and will play with us at Country View Challenges, there's a £20 voucher to win...

Happy weekend!
I am entering the Addicted to Stamps, Bleeding Art, Craft Stamper, We Love To Create,  Creative Artist challenges.

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous background. Stunning card. Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour palette of your background Christine, some times it's nice to just let the piece develop.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious! This makes me happy - such beautiful paint layers - those colours work so well to create the sunshine of an autumn day, and the Bokeh bubbles let the light dance around those lovely LB grasses. This is right up there with my favourites of yours.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful project! The colours look amazing and the bokeh effect makes it look like early morning to match the sentiment - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool layers and colours Christine, love your Bokeh effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful autumnal card Christine.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully painted background, Christine!!! Fabulous bokeh project!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Christine, I love how it looks like a shaft of light is shining across your card. Have a wonderfull weekend, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beatuiful. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irmelin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine, loving the card. I am still working on my Masterboard for the challenge but haven't forgotten, just been a bit distracted. Hope your weekends has been a good one, been craft shopping today and Yes! I really don't need anymore stash! Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab make. Thanks for playing at Bleeding Art Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card ! Love your gorgeous background with the lovely bokeh effect. Love the silhouette grass too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
    What a beautifull project you have made, thank you so much for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create, Good luck, Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, very atmospheric, love it! Thanks for joining us at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your abstract project - yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous techniques and card.. LOVE to use these stamps for this type of techniques too!! thanks for sharing with us at the TIMI challenge ..
    xxx Ellie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely mixed media project. Lovely colour and texture. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete