' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: In the air challenge

Monday 20 May 2013

In the air challenge

The gauntlet has been thrown at the Impression Obsession blog... "In the air" is the theme and apart from the obvious birds, butterflies etc... what to do??? I use butterflies a lot, as for me they are easier than flowers, being suitable for both male and female cards... but I have butterfly fatigue.

This is what I ended up with, well the houses are "in the air" so I hope it fits the theme, and I love this humorous image. As for the title it started as "house in the air" but then all I could think of was the Eye in the sky tune and there it was...


The image is the Pig Bros. Birdhouse (G1028) by Gary Robertson and I colored it with alcohol markers, you can tell I need some practice !
You may not recognise the banner, it is actually the largest die from the Flags die set (DIE015-F) but it has been partially cut (on one side and then the other), overstamped with CAC Canvas (CC073)

Thanks for coming by,

11 comments:

  1. What a really lovely creation with a really fun stamp. Love the colors, how you did the edge, and the way you did the die cut too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in the sky or air! Love it! Neat edging on the turquoise paper or cardstock.
    Thanks for joining and good luck too.!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, a great fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! a very funny card! i love the texture of the banner and it's a great layout.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love the Gary Robertson stamps ? This one is too stinkin' cute! I love that you used it for this challenge and I love how you used it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun image, love it. Fabulous idea for the theme wonderful card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you rocked this challenge! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. I like the bird houses. Yikes, butterflied out, and I did a butterfly--LOL. Love your composition and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Such a cute stamp and I love the title you added!! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun card :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh j'adore, elle est superbe cette carte !!! Et j'aime beaucoup aussi ton tampon "Birdhouse", tu as raison il est humouristique ! Le résultat est vraiment superbe, bonne chance pour le challenge ! Biz, Coco

    ReplyDelete