' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Meerkats Antics

Sunday 15 October 2023

Meerkats Antics

Twice in a weekend! Is that a burst of creativity? No, not really, just a catch-up exercise. 2 weeks ago, I showed again my Meerkats Got Talent page on Facebook and they are so funny I wanted to give them a new platform after their disappointment at the singing contest. Today they are just having fun with fallen leaves:




I used a N0 10 MDF tag (That's Crafty) and applied acrylic paints with a painting knife. I bypassed the Gesso step and the result isn't any worse for it, in fact it is one the easiest and quickest landscape I have ever painted!

I stamped a few of the meerkats in various colours of Distress Oxide inks and coloured them with pencils. Then, I had to fussy cut them.... my most hated crafting job, but it had to be done!

The leaves have been die-cut and punched from a piece of Kraft colour paper to which I applied Distress Oxide inks in Fired Brick, Twisted Citron, Scattered Straw and Walnut Stain. And since the Oxides have a tendency to lighten after a while, I enhanced them with some Distress dye inks as well. 
Finally I spattered a bit of Walnut Stain Distress spray.

I layered leaves and meerkats on different levels with foam pads to give the impression they are wading through a stack of fallen leaves.

The little guys still make me smile and I hope they will do the same for you!


Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield           I am entering the Allsorts, Stamping Sensations
                                                                 and Creative Artist challenges

10 comments:

  1. Great fun tag Christine and look so textural. Meerkats really fascinate me, they are so intelligent and used to love the documentary series on TV a few years ago. Thanks for sharing another with us at Allsorts this week and also our October challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of dimension and texture on this fun tag. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tag you created and loving all the leaves you added to the scene!
    Perfect for our optional theme at Allsorts!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful fun tag with so much dimension too. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore , il est vraiment craquant ce tag !!! Et belle utilisation conjointe des encres et peintures... Chouette technique !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny!! Beautiful done. Thank you for joining at Stampin Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these little chaps. After seeing all of your cards I finally succumbed and bough them, but not really made good use yet. Your tag is full of joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, those meerkats look like they are having fun in those leaves 😊. Loving the 3-D design too - perfect! Happy wishes ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous background and yes what fun those Meerkats are having diving and dashing around in all those Autumn leaves, what a fun creation.
    Thanks so much for sharing @ Creative Artiste and joining our October challenge.
    Best wishes Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete