' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Challenged By Alison Bomber (3)

Friday 6 December 2013

Challenged By Alison Bomber (3)

It is Alison's last week on the Paper Artsy blog this semester and she is getting Christmassy (aren't we all). I saw this project and had to have a go.

Warning: I wanted to share my "work" and the troubles I had making it, but I do know it's an awful piece. Time allowing, I would have made a second jar, building on my experience with the first attempt.


I didn't have any Liquid Leaf, so I tried copper aerosol paint. Alas, it was almost finished (and old) so it spluttered more than sprayed, then died...

The coverage is therefore patchy. On the plus side, this produces lovely light patterns when lit. However it is a poor base for the stamping !

I didn't bother to show you the other side of the jar where I stamped the owl image from the same set (ID02), it's hardly recognisable.

Apart from the coverage problem, my second issue was the scratching out of the paint on and around the stamped images. It is effectively drawing and that isn't my forte... Still I managed to scratch out the "Dream" word.


And without the light on:


Thanks for coming by,

10 comments:

  1. ooh I like the patchy look, makes it way more vintage looking. Seriously looks really old, maybe that wasn't what you wanted but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Darcy - the effect is amazing... so distressed and antique-y, especially when lit. I'm deeply impressed with the neatness of your "dream" scratching... I had to go for a very doodly look with mine! Thanks so much for joining in with the fun this week at PaperArtsy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous lantern. Beautiful lighting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the antique look of this, actually. The choice of the winged lady is inspired; she looks like an Edwardian angel! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moi non plus je ne trouve pas ça si raté!! La dernière image est belle, en plus j'adore ce tampon, et tu l'as très bien intégré! L'effet "très vieilli" est plutôt réussi! Bon week-end, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks fab - I haven't got liquid leaf either, but nothing else I could use instead - so good on you for having a go, I say!! I agree with the others, it's very vintage looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think it looks fab hun, oldy and decorative x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may not be the look you wanted but I think it is fabulous and those lovely patterns around the base are just beautiful! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it. Unlit it looks lovely. With the light it looks kind of ephemeral. Love the way dream shows up so lovely in both examples. Thanks for your comment. LPC stands for Lynne Perrella Collection and there are some wicked good prices over at Country View Crafts just for today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done - I think it still looks great. I all intentions of giving this a go but time ran out xx

    ReplyDelete