' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired By Pam Thorburn

Saturday 1 February 2014

Inspired By Pam Thorburn

This week on the Paper Artsy blog we had some wonderful layouts by Pam, and I took inspiration from her first page.

I didn't have any piece of cardboard big enough for a 12x12 so I had to abandon that idea... So instead I printed the corrugations with paint ! Continuing the reverse process, since my background page was white, I stencilled solid hexagons in Aqua.

The colour choice was made for me by A Sprinkle of Imagination challenge:


 This challenged me quite a bit, not only because I had to create papers in the colours required, but also trying to find any embellishments in the colours! I used old designer papers, Fresco paints and a credit card (so easy and quick and limited clean-up!) to create my papers. I also used stamps from Hot Pick 1111 in the background.

The other challenge I had set myself was to use more papers and more layers in a layout so I followed the Scrap365 sketch, based on a layout by Els Brige:

 

As this is my first attempt at following a sketch I didn't dare deviate from the sketch too much!
With no further ado...


Challenging exercise but I am so glad I tried these "recipes" for my layout.

Thanks for coming by,


15 comments:

  1. Fantastic background, lovely images makes for a wonderful scrapbook page. Congrats on following a sketch page, they can be quite difficult sometimes. Think you've nailed both challenges :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab, so effective!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful SB page! You have really risen to the challenge and created a most effective piece of art. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely patterns, textures, colours and happy memories. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice page, love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, beautiful colors, and what memories too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours and layout page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page and fabulous details. Thanks for joining in with Scrap365!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout, the background colours and design are fabulous.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this looks fabulous, lovely take on a sketch!
    Thank you for playing a long with us at Scrap365 <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Très jolie page bravo, tu as bien fait de combiner tous ces challenges je trouve !! Le résultat est chouette !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute page, thank you so much for joining our challenge at Scrap 365!

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning LO! thanks for sharing it with us at SCRAP365 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. terrific LO .. thanks for playing on SCRAP 365 .. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete