' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Circle and Flowers

Friday 24 July 2015

Circle and Flowers

The Craft Barn had a Wreath theme last week so our challenge is to come up with a circle where flowers are involved.

Being quite literal, due to a chronic lack of imagination, I decided to make a circle frame with flowers stamps. For this technique clear polymer stamps are ideal because they can be shaped and also allow for repeated stamping without the need for a stamp positioner.
I used the middle size Dandelions from the Lavinia set, selected for its size after testing which ones would give me the circle size I wanted.


For my background I used a stencil (Crafter's workshop Garden Gate) and used Brushos in Moss green and Dark brown. With hindsight the choice of colours/stencil could have been better but I didn't have time to start again.

Inside the circle I stamped the Large Path (Lavinia stamps) inked with water based markers. I added a light wash of green for grass.

 Thanks for coming by,

Also entering the Lavinia, That's Crafty and We Love to Create  challenges.

12 comments:

  1. Love the Brusho background and clever use of the stamps to form the circle. Thank you for your lovely comment on my last blog post, it's good to be back again crafting and blogging.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and clever use of the stamp.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ticks all my boxed Christine, just love it.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it....such a clever use of the flower..... Thanks for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever use of the flower stamp to create the wreath, and I do like the muted colour palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je trouve ça super intéressant comme technique.. Le résultat est très chouette et assez original!!
    Bonne chance pour ces nouveaux challenges, tu as réussis à cumuler bravo, moi j'ai toujours un peu de mal.. :D Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! I had to chuckle at your "chronic lack of imagination"... You? Right! LOL
    Love how your card turned out and the Brusho with a stencil... now, how come *I* never thought of that?? Chronic lack of imagination .... haha, let's compete! Oh, rats - I won .... *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever way to use the dandelion stamp! Great idea. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Lavinia Stamps, good luck! Wendy (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, how clever is that? Love it! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it was a very imaginative use of the dandelion stamp and a great frame for the path image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, nice technique with the stencils and brushos. Interesting effect. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely earthy natural look to this, and the stencilled brusho work looks fab.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete