' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: memories

Saturday 22 August 2015

memories

I have been trying to muster enthusiasm to start on a few scrapbooking pages and had a look through my existing layouts (it usually works...) and found this one that just didn't work.

The background had been stamped, embossed with clear powder for a resist effect, sprayed and foiled...
Fortunately, because these are vintage photos, I didn't glue them to the page but used tissue tape to hold them in place so I could easily start again.

First I thought the background colour was too dark so I wanted to add white paint without losing all of the kraft background.
I have been wanting some 3D matt gel but I couldn't get any in the shop and bought the Ranger transparent texture paste, figuring it would be similar. I stencilled it through a Prima/Finnabair doily stencil in 3 places and when dry applied white paint over the paste and embossed areas wiping with a wet rag to reveal the design.

I added a doily die-cut (Prima) and a flower and leaves die-cut (Marianne dies) from metal and painted with acrylics.

Can't say it's perfect but it's definitely better than it was... I have a facing page to be transformed too so I better get to it before I lose interest!

Thanks for coming by,

I am entering  the WOW Embossing Powder and Paper Artsy challenges.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning page with terrific ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,

    Back home and now playing catch up, a super l/o, your choice of colours really compliments the sepia photos.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! What a great setting for those vintage photos - I love the shimmer and the white doily texture really adds light and lightness.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your background is perfect with your vintage photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you've done a wonderful job with that background, it looks fab. Love all the texture
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un super rattrapage!!!.. :D
    Ta page est belle ainsi, tes photos disposées en accordéon sont extras!

    ReplyDelete