' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Dictionary challenge

Sunday 23 October 2016

Dictionary challenge

The latest Letter of the Craft Barn dictionary challenge is V (no twist) and I chose Vintage. Before you think Vintage images, lace, Victorian, distressed... no not this time! There are many meanings attached to the word and Vintage is both a noun and an adjective. Here is the complete dictionary definition if you're interested, but for space purposes on my pageI have only printed my chosen meaning.




I have used a single stamp set from the magazine Creative Stamping (at least a year old if I remember correctly) and black Versafine.
I coloured the images with watercolour pencils (Stabilo) and a water brush.

The stamps are acrylic and do not stamp well if not "prepared", which I did, with a light sanding of the top surface. But considering how cheap they work out they were a good buy for a theme I am not going to use regularly and I would recommend them for a beginner to dip in the stamping waters.

So Vintage done, only 5 letters to go...
Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the That's' Crafty and Stamplorations CAS  challenges.

17 comments:

  1. An elegant and understated card Christine but a perfect take for the letter this time round.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - nothing like a good vintage on a Sunday afternoon! I love the simplicity of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good word to choose and a classy page

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another elegant CAS which gave me the idea to head for a nice glass of wine.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the theme. Fabulous card. I was interested in that you had to sand the acrylic stamps. Not heard of that before.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great choice of word. The CAS look adds to the air of calm and relaxation xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fine vintage and a fine card too. A great word to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your CAS card...great vintage! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card and thank you for joining in the Craft Barn Alpha challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card for your interpretation of vintage, completely different to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear, this definition of vintage is truly new to me. I adore the way you used a wine bottle and glass and turned it into a CAS as well as the perfect V word. Color me impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautifully coloured CAS page. When I saw the thumbnail for some reason my first thought was 'in vino veritas'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card and a perfect interpretation of vintage. I'm pretty sure I have that stamp too. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scrapmate's suggestion would have been a good one!!!! Love this beautifully CAS piece, done well CAS looks so elegant and you most definitely have the knack :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bon je prends enfin le temps de musarder un peu sur ton blog...
    Et comme toujours, je suis admirative de ton travail Christine.
    C'est vraiment joli et bien fait, bien pensé aussi comme toujours chez toi, et en plus on apprend quelque chose !! Je ne connaissais pas ce sens...
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  16. how very cool! Love the shape! Thanks for joining the CAS STAMPlorations Challenge!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful interpretation of your chosen word.

    ReplyDelete