' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Mysticism

Sunday 3 November 2019

Mysticism

Already time for my second inspiration post for the Country View Challenge, where the theme, chosen by yours truly, is Hands Stamped.

Today I have a Journal page for you, which is loosely based on Halloween. I know, I know it's already happened but it was still in the future when I was making it. I assemble images relating to Astronomy, dark woods, a full moon, incantations and a black cat in what I hope is a Journal page with a foreboding atmosphere.


As a base for my page is a scrapbook paper which I darkened at the edges with Distress Oxides. I also used some Distress spray in Blueprint at the centre for colour variation.


For the moon I used Gesso and stamped and embossed the moon image from the Paper Artsy set HP1903.

I stamped and embossed in white the other 2 large stamps and the hand written note in black ink on a hand made paper piece pretending to be vellum (the olden times vellum, not our crafter's translucent stuff!)




I partially stamped the tree image, a large square background stamp from Impression Obsession, and the cat (a Craft Stamper magazine freebie) in black ink. I anchored the cat with a dark grey pastel stick.



I created a sort of milky way with white pastel which I brought around the cat for a bit of mystery and into the trees as menacing fog. To finish I added stars with white Gesso (if it looks blue it's because the Gesso picked up the blue dye from the Distress Oxide spray) and some iridescent splatters.

All a bit odd maybe, but I thoroughly enjoyed pulling together these stamps from my stash and all in all I quite like the page!

Over to you now to create something with stamps for our Country View Challenge. I am curious to see the stamps in your stash or failing that your carved vegetables and found objects … you use in your makes to make an impression..

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday, Creative Artist, Craft Stamper TIMI, The Artistic Stamper challenges.

16 comments:

  1. I think you achieved your goal very well Christine, it's got a lovely eerie feel to it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your moon - and the colour choice - the stars look really good, too :-)
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this. Beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's odd at all - I think it's fabulously atmospheric. I'm in love with your glowing moon (I'm working so hard to resist that PA set, and you're not helping!) - and the blood red glow and black cat certainly point to there being some black magic mysticism under way.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great Christine and the colours are a perfect choice, definitely has a lovely mystical feel to it. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Christine, I love the moon and how you've grounded your cat, so atmospheric. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such stunning art journal pages! You have captured such a magical scene, it looks so atmospheric with the beautiful moon and white embossed stamping - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Happy and creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have created such a sense of mystery and eeriness with your inky background and subtle and not so subtle (moon) stamping! I really, really love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moi, tu ferais de l'Halloween à Noël que ça ne me dérangerait pas... héhé :D
    Super page, j'adore l'atmosphère et ta scène!!!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Wonderful journal page!!! Really mystic!!! I love your colours, the burgundy was a great choice!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous journal page! A little bit scaring and very mystic- The moon looks gorgeous!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Amazing journal pages, very atmospheric. I love the moon. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnifique cette nuit étoilée, j'aime beaucoup ton choix de couleurs. Merci de ta participation au challenge de Creative Artiste Mixed Media!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous journal spread. A wonderfully atmospheric background and super stamps.
    Thank you for joining in with our November challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  15. c'est tout simplement superbe! l'ambiance, les couleurs que tu as utilisées, et ce chat! parfait!!!! bises

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely, more magical for me than menacing. Certainly has a sense of anticipation xx

    ReplyDelete