' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Guest Designer at Creative Artist

Friday 3 April 2020

Guest Designer at Creative Artist

And now for something special... and a long post!!! Back in December I was the winner of the Creative Artist Challenge and I was invited to GDT this month.


Unless they are useful storage items,  I seldom venture in 3D makes, but on this occasion, I felt the talented DT and the readers of the Creative Artist Mixed Media challenge deserved my getting out of my comfort zone!
I seem to come back to this theme regularly, not sure why, but a house garden idea imposed itself and I set about getting it into a 3D creation.

I first created a recessed panel out of cardboard and wrapped it with embossed Core'dination using Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Lumber by Tim Holtz.


For the wall of my house I took some thick cardstock and sprinkled some Infusions in Rusty car and Brusho in Moss Green at the bottom, spraying with water until happy.

For texture, I embossed the panel with the Sizzix/TH - Bricked Texture Fades.

The floor has been painted with acrylic paint both with a brush and some spatters.




I created a window by partially die-cutting a piece of white cardstock with a door die (Grand Madison by Memory Box). I coloured the window panes with alcohol markers and gave them a few coats of clear embossing powder.





On the left I have some sort of  a trellis, which is in fact a honeycomb pattern from the Sunflower Bee die set by Julie Hickey Designs. I used it repeatedly on a piece of aluminium and then used several colours of embossing powders to get to the desired look.
I stuck die-cut leaves (Memory Box tender leaves) and drew stalks and flowers with enamel accents.
 


Further vegetation has been created with die-cuts and enamel accents :








Some small vials have been recycled into pot plants with sand and gel medium for texture and a coat of acrylic paint for colour.
The plants themselves have been die-cut with Memory Box Adelaide stems and Sizzix/TH  Thinlits Wildflower Stems #2 and given the Flower soft treatment.

A house need people and of course Tim Holtz dolls are perfect.

As a final touch, I added mica flakes here and there for a gravel effect .

 Phew... If you want more detail on anything let me know.




Many thanks to Creative Artist Challenge for inviting me , it was a pleasure guesting along this talented DT!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Memory Box, SSS Monday and SanDee & amelie's Steampunk (OK this one comes in under the Vintage banner)  challenges.

12 comments:

  1. An amazing box canvas! The frame appears authentically vintage and all your fabulous textures and details look fantastic. I think 'out of your comfort zone' should be your new 'comfort zone'.
    Thank you for being a wonderful Guest Designer for us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply glorious! What a fabulous guest piece for Creative Artiste. I love the window set in to the rustic plaster wall (great shading on the glass), and the vines and plants, both 2D and 3D. Love the touch of enamel accents to bring the die-cut stems to life and the transformation of the glass vials into terracotta plant pots is really clever. The three girls look right at home. Altogether a treat!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the peeled paint effect around the edge of the frame, it really does add an extra touch of vintage to this sweet creation. Super to see you in the GD slot this month and what a treat to have shared this creation in all of it's glory, so many things to look at, i'm especially taken with the die cut flowers in the viles. There's nothing wrong with revisiting a scene that makes you happy it's sure put a smile on my creative face today. Thank you for sharing.
    Take care & stay creative Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! The tiny details in this are amazing. Congratulations on your GD spot. You have done yourself proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning mixed media project! I loved following along to see how it all came together and the vintage feel that you created with all the textures and 3D layers is amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Creative Artiste with this spectacular box canvas! Wishing you a happy weekend! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what an incredible MM piece you have created here. Loved reading and looking at all the itty bitty details/textures you added. You certainly excelled with this presentation. So lovely to have you as our Guest this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, vintage garden theme here! Love the little scene you have created! So glad you joined us for our steampunk challenge at Sandee and Amelie’s Steampunk Challenges! Be well, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project. Love the vintage look with all of the pretty details and colours. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving it but I understand what you mean about 3D stuff. I love making them but finding somewhere to display or store them means I don't make too many now. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Une création 3D qui change et quel travail pour toutes ces fleurs et plantes. Un superbe ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Wonderful homely environment for the girls. Love the grungy and worn frame. Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete