' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Christmas in July

Sunday 26 July 2020

Christmas in July

Christmas in July is a popular theme in crafting circles and, as it happens, July is also World Watercolour Month so I decided to join in with a watercolour snowy scene to keep us cool...
 

All the stamps are by Crafty Individuals.

I first painted the sky with a brush and watercolour paints.

The bird (CI-507) was stamped next, using a mix of watercolour pencils on the rubber sprayed with water. I sprayed the paper too so that a little colour seeps around the body of the bird as if it's moving.

I masked the bird and stamped the trees (all from CI-450) with grey ink, dry-ish black ink (my old Memento pad), and using my fresh Memento black inkpad for the foreground tree.

With all the elements in place I added hills, snowdrifts and blades of grass peeping from the snow.

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Stamping SensationsLost Coast Designs and  Vintage Journey challenges.

14 comments:

  1. Très chouette !!!
    Moi, je n'arrive toujours pas à me résoudre à commencer mes cartes de Noël en été... :(
    Bises, bonnes vacances si tu y es bientôt !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your robin perched on the tree trunk with the snowy fields and trees in the background - thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love how you got the variations in the tree colours with the different inkpads, and the robin is fab! Thank you for sharing it with us for our July challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. The robin is a real sweetie and the trees add great depth to the card, love it. Thanks for the visit over at mine too. Thanks for reminding me about using inks on the Gelli plate, it's so long since I did this, it was when we were making samples for the Craft Barn so you will know how long ago that was....Happy days. Have a great crafty week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delight Christine, the Robin sits so regally to the fore of your winter scene, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'All Creatures' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! I love your winter scene and robins are my favourite birds - perfect 😀. I hope you're having a lovely week! Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine this is such a beautiful card and I adore the watercolours you have used to create the background and stunning stamps x The robin is such a favourite of mine too x Its lovely to have you hop on board with us for Debs Watercolour challenge at A Vintage Journey Blog

    Best Wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is lovely. Your background and bird and so well done - kudos for some fantastic water coloring! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stamping of the trees to create depth to your scene, and of course the positioning of the robin in the foreground completes the illusion. Delightfully done.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always love a good scenery. Great card.Thanks for joining at Lost coast designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous scene and your bird is gorgeous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely winter scene, although I'm not sure I'm ready to contemplate Christmas just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous scene with the most stunning bird!

    ReplyDelete