' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Things with wings hop

Wednesday 7 April 2021

Things with wings hop




Welcome to the STAMPlorations Spring blog hop, this year we are celebrating with winged things and so I chose one of the image in the For the birds set as my focal point.


My background has first been made in 3 steps:

First I stencilled Distress inks through the Beyond the Trees slimline stencil.

Then I added acrylic gel medium with the stencil still in place, thereby waterproofing the Distress inks.

All I had to do then is to add a wash of watercolour to colours the trees trunks and branches. When dry I removed the colour from the gel medium with a slightly wet sponge. Now I had a fairly realistic wood!

For my focal image, I stamped the bird with black ink and die-cut it with the matching die  before applying Distress inks with Distress foam. I added The Life is good sentiment die-cut from coloured cardstock.

You can win prizes by commenting on the designers' blogs and the STAMPlorations blog but also by playing with us and linking a project on the Things with wings theme until the 7th of May. 
So start hopping! 



Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Paperbabe, SSS Monday challenges.




       

18 comments:

  1. Excited about this hop, Love birds! Your card is Awesome,Love the look of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, delighted to see a little birdie on the hop and this one is gorgeous! Love the detail and the sweet scene you've created! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the background and that pretty bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the warm colours and design and really liking that birdie placed on the sentiment.

    B x


    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love slimlines, birdies & any type of text. The perfect card IMO. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't understand the process of making the sky and trees until I went to the website to see the stencil....then it all made sense. This is such a cool idea. I am going to try it. I LOVE to use my stencils in many different ways. You ladies have some great ideas for stencils. I have a ton of Stamplorations stencils to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique to get the trees looking natural and with variation in tone xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card with a lot of interest. I love the text on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background for this bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous make! I love your bird design and that slimline tree stencil, the way you created the wood effect - amazing 😀. Take care and Happy Thursday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome stenciling! Thanks for the step by step how-to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your trees, they look so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice combination of sets. I like the scene created.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card....perfect scene for a slimline. Love the scripty patterned bird. I think this is my favorite card from this amazing hop. TFS.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice slimline, love the birches. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a beautiful card, love the background, wow.

    ReplyDelete