' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Stepper Card and Butterflies

Thursday 9 May 2024

Stepper Card and Butterflies

Hello crafters, 

A quick post as I am aiming to enter the Allsorts challenge where the theme is "Show us your folds". Paper construction is not my forte but stepper cards are within my reach, albeit with help from a die...



The die is Step Card by Presscut, the set comes with dies to cut decorative papers for each section as well as the card base and I used some old magazine freebies to decorate the panels.

The stamp in the focal portion of the card is Crafty Individuals "Beautiful Butterflies" (CI-231). I stamped and embossed it, then I applied dye powders, a blue Brusho and Cerise Infusion (Paper Artsy). I should have known better... The strength of the powders overwhelmed the piece so much I had to tame it with Distress Oxides and white pigment ink.

I will add a sentiment, probably die-cut words, when required but I am not sure if I should place it in the middle of the background or at the bottom on the pink card. Suggestions welcome!


Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield               I am also entering the SSS Wednesday and 
                                                                   Stamping Sensations challenges

5 comments:

  1. Great stepper card and love the beautiful embossed butterflies.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stepper card. I think I would add the sentiment on the pink card as the main panel is so pretty, it would be a shame to cover up any of the beautiful butterflies. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect card for our Allsorts folding theme Christine and beautiful kaleidoscope of Butterflies, thanks so much for joining us. Thanks also for linking up at Stamping Sensations this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. I agree with Liz to place on the pink and leave that beautiful panel displayed. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and using the optional theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty butterfly step card and just right for the challenge this week. Thank you for sharing your project at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete