' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Calendar Challenge: Paper Tape

Thursday 8 November 2012

Calendar Challenge: Paper Tape

Already Week 5 of the challenge ! We need to have Paper Tape on our creations... As I never tried this before I decided to use Michelle's method (seen here) and make my own tissue tape.
And as I didn't have brand new tissue I used wrinkled paper ! However, going for a distressed look, it only made it better once I used distress inks over it (Antique Linen & a bit of Walnut). I stamped a few word stamps in black ink (Paper Artsy).


The main image is also by Paper Artsy (I only used a portion of the stamp), and once stamped I watercoloured the sky and the water. Then I used Stampendous Aged Aqua embossing powder to create a fantasy sea.

Since I didn't have a lot of space on my page I kept my tape small... but now I have a ready-to-customise lenght for a future project !

Hope you enjoy this one,


4 comments:

  1. This is really lovely ,loving the image and your handmade tape! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nautical themed page. I like the tape you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bravo, c'est super joli ! J'adore aussi ton embossage pour figurer la mer, c'est très réussi ta poudre fait la même chose que les 2 Utee mélangés que j'ai mi sur une page, et donne un très beau résultat, je note merci ! Et bravo aussi pour le masking-tape... Moi je crois que je vais manquer de temps pour continuer mes participations hélas ! Bon week-end, bizz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - well done on the handmade tape. Great nautical image and lovely colouring!

    ReplyDelete