' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired by Ellen & vintage cloth

Thursday 23 January 2014

Inspired by Ellen & vintage cloth

Ellen is on the Paper Artsy blog this week inspiring us with colourful pieces. I loved her tag, tutorial here, and I set out to create my own.


One of my dishcloths gave up the ghost recently and I couldn't bear to throw it away. It's made of linen and I would guess it's at least 70 years old and it seems sad to waste something my grand mother has carefully embroidered with her initials for her trousseau.
So I made a tag with it, backed with cardboard. I left the stripe and decided to integrate it in the design as my "bit of red".
The Artful Blooms stamp is from the ELB03 set.

Of course I still have acres of that linen cloth remaining so you might see it again soon...

I am also entering the Pan Pastel UK challenge.

Thanks for coming by,

11 comments:

  1. what a great idea - this looks stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. I love the story of the tea-towel! I can't imagine a bride of today doing something like that! How nice that you were able to keep and treasure this and get to use a new technique at the same time! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Tag, lovely way to upcycle a precious piece of your history :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used a piece of family history in your tag and it turned out great! Thanks for joining in and giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est génial ce que tu as fait Christine, tu as été super inspirée, j'adore... Ton tag est très beau !!! Je vais participer aussi pour une fois, c'est rigolo de faire ce challenge ensemble et d'admirer nos réas respectives ! Je le posterai demain si je peux. Bon après'midi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use the cloth, it adds a great texture! Love your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag. Love the story and the recycling. They knew how to make things to last in the old days. Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! This is beautiful!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, definitely one of my faves that I have seen this week. Warms my heart to see people using old bits and pieces instead of throwing them away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful tag, with a great story to go with it
    Janet

    ReplyDelete