' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Mind and Ignorance

Friday 1 August 2014

Mind and Ignorance

Something to do with the sunny weather I guess, I fancy bright, clean colours at the moment, rather than subtle, vintage or steampunk hues...

I couldn't think of anything relevant to illustrate the word "Ignorance" or the quote I have chosen for the Craft Barn challenge, so I indulged myself by using my favourite colours of Neocolors and my latest embossing folder, as yet unused.


I first scribbled the Neocolors on the card then softened with lightly wet brush.
With the card dry to the touch, but still damp, I embossed it with a TH folder and a Cuttlebug border folder.
When completely dry I rubbed the Neocolors on the raised areas.

The quote is handwritten on a die-cut label (Spellbinders), edged with silver gel pen the only embellishment I allowed in order to show as much of the background as possible.

I am also entering the Country View Crafts - Word play and  Ladybug Crafts - Favourite colours challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and textures here, you have lovely handwriting. A fabulous quote:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours and I love your embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and the embossing is awesome! I like the quote, it is quite funny :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment on my blog :D
      Thank you too for trying to help with the 'new page thingy'. I've decided to adjust my blog for Wee Man to use it alongside me instead. Look out for his first posting perhaps on Sunday :D

      Delete
  4. Great quote which made me smile! Fab colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours and the embossed background, great quote.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Impressive background. I can see why you wouldn't want to cover over it with other embellishments. This is beautiful and I now want some of those Neocolors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Une jolie créa, les couleurs sont super jolies aussi! J'aime beaucoup ton classeur d'embossage.. J'en ai pas mal de mon côté, mais je ne trouve jamais le temps de les utiliser, ou plus exactement j'oublie de le faire, sans doute la contrainte e tout sortir ! Bises, à début Septembre..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good choice, it is a favourite folder of mine too, Great colours, definitely doe not want to be hidden. Love that quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours they look really vibrant and a great colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colourful background and it was a good idea not to cover it up! Nice quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So simple and effective!! Looking forward to meet again at CrfatBarn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    Gorgeous palette, and the embossed Bg is amazing. Thank you for joining us at CVC- word art this month.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning - love the colours you chose and what a fab quote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like it was fun to play around with! The colors are really lovely and the add to the light-hearted quote!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful textured background, I love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the effect of the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an easy technique, the folder does all the work... Your entry is full of great images, including that girl with circles, which I recognised for having the very stamp in my stash (freebie from Craft Stamper)

      Delete
  17. Love this piece - gorgeous colours, embossing and a witty quote! What more do you need????? xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great quote and I love the colourful background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so gorgeous and vivid. Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bright background and the quote brought a smile to my face on a grey morning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that you've used a wordy background as well as your lovely handwritten quote. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete