' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Summer Seaside Tag

Thursday 24 July 2014

Summer Seaside Tag

Just  in time to coincide with the heat wave in the UK, Fashionable Stamping challenges us to dream about summer and The Artistic Stamper about the Seaside. What could be more refreshing than splashing among the waves... I decided to make a tag as this is the challenge at Artful Times.

To plagiarise a football related phrase, this is a tag of 2 halves! (If you're not familiar with it original expression and explanations here).

When I started, I intended to apply colour all over the tag, but I needed to stamp my main image first so I knew where my sea was. Then I masked it so it didn't get colours where I didn't want it...
I was left with the raw cardboard and this where I changed direction... Well, I didn't know if it worked or not but there were a number of areas that I particularly liked so I didn't change anything :

The area of dark Indigo on top of white acrylic and Kraft made me think about a deep refreshing pool.              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>







/\
The stamped tissue paper showing a little bit of the colour underneath and disappearing with its feathered edges into the background.

Pencil colouring on Kraft (I have been meaning to try this and finally I did!)

Also, to my great satisfaction,  I have used scraps, recycled items and used some unloved flower embellishments ( I altered them first!) as well as some new stash (the ribbon bunting).

Stamps used:
Crafty Individuals: CI-284 - Main image
Artistic Stamper: Calligraphic Mat 13 - in sepia ink in the background
Paper Artsy : EEV06 - background and, ESN07 collaged tissue paper

I guess I'd better show you the tag now, if you're still reading!


Good or bad let me know what you think, as I am clearly not objective!

15 comments:

  1. Du super recyclage... J'adore ton tag, il est magnifique !!!! Bises, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tag, really loving the colouring on kraft card, really pops the images. Fantastic colours, everything works really well together :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag--great stamp to use

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must try this pencil on Kraft as it is so effective. What a lovely band it makes across your super tag. Yes, the banding works - well!
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a totally happy tag! beautiful images. saw this at artful times and popped by for a look. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lot of work on this beach tag, great images and the Kraft card works so well with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love this tag it is so different in a good way, you have put so much work into this tag, thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Thank you for leaving a comment today, I need the feedback...

      Delete
  8. I saw this on FSC, and was curious. Love the stamp and all the recycled uses; a crafter after my own heart! This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came by, well worth linking the teasing snippet! Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous tag so full of summer love.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabulous tag,so much to look at.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tag, I think it works very well. Love the different layers. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tag, love all the detail and texture.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you just used black and white on the kraft and it goes so well with the blues. A fab tag. Love that image

    ReplyDelete