' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: On the Home stretch

Sunday 7 December 2014

On the Home stretch

Yep, it's nearly the end of the Craft Barn quote challenge and barring any mishaps I should get to complete the collection!

Talking of home stretch, I thought I should dust off and use an old stamp set (Polka Doodles) that never really got a chance before. I'd bought it when I thought a move was on the cards - didn't happen - or I needed a card for other people moving houses - no one did -
When I saw this quote, very well known, I knew the choice was made just because I had the perfect stamp set!


The Pan Pastel UK challenge is all about colouring and I was relishing taking out my markers and trying again. All good plans... I still don't own any black dye inkpad, so I had stamped my scene in Versafine. A quick test told me alcohol markers were definitely out of the question!
The house was easy enough to watercolour using pencils and the card wasn't cockling but once I had started I had to colour the pond, the grass..... I decide to use Pan pastel for the sky to avoid the paper getting to wet around the house. A mixed media of some sort!

I penned my quote in black ink adding the little heart die-cut to finish.

I am also entering my page in the Artistic Stamper challenge.

P.S Come to think of it, this house looks suspiciously more like a SHOP! Darn...
P.P.S My electric eraser was a godsend for my colouring as I had to retrieve detailed areas after I'd applied the pastel.

20 comments:

  1. Love it Christine, can see what you mean about a shop but whatever it actually looks quite magical to me and my girls (dogs) would love living there with that pond, the natural one we have top of one of the paddocks is netted round to stop them going in repeatedly and from hassling the moorhens

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so good that you got to use your stamp set.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stamping and an amazing job in coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it a shop? Think that sign on the door could read "gone for a picnic by the pond" ! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love that stamp and your colouring is fab! Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great colourful entry this time - love the building. People can live in shops so can still be a home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely picture. Love how you coloured it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona. Loved your doodled stable, never mind the shepherd!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card and fab colouring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect stamp for your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't notice it looked more like a shop until you said something. It is a lovely, colorful entry this time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout and great stamp! Have a lovely evening

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFULLY coloured, love the whole scene and your stamp is beautiful. You could always doodle around the sign to make it look like a stained glass panel but i love it how it is :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful, that's really a true quote and a fabulous piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Your penmanship is awesome!! And I admire your colouring :o))

    ReplyDelete
  15. That "building" is big enough to hold both a house and shop. But I think it's definitely a home, because that's where the heart is. Love the coloring AND the quote. Such a beautiful scene you created, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Une carte toute mimi!!! :D Bisous Coco

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I am so late this time! Beautiful page and fab stamps, just right for that quote! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully illustrated quote and your calligraphy is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete