' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Shabby Chic Challenge

Monday 4 May 2015

Shabby Chic Challenge

My followers will know that Shabby Chic and I have a troubled love affair so when Karen chose Shabby Chic as the theme for the latest Vintage Stamping Challenge I was delighted and terrified in equal measure!
Still what an opportunity to choose a different kind of image to use on my make and I just had to get this Two Neko Princesses stamp from Flonzcraft.
The image is coloured with alcohol markers. The papers, a mix from Melissa Frances and other magazine freebies, have been distressed with Snowcap paint dabber and a stencil, had the Frantage treatment (not Shabby Pink but Aged Rose) and a smear of pink Gelatos. I sewed them on the card base rather than gluing them.




















For embellishments I picked some die-cuts (Prima Doily, Spellbinders Label, X-cut ticket and a freebie Flourish) and added flowers (Trimcrafts), for which I made a pearl beads centre and distressed with the Snowcap paint dabber again.


What do you think, have I hit the Shabby Chic target?

Why don't you join in at Vintage Stamping Challenges and show us your Shabby Chic style! There is a $20 voucher from our sponsor Flonzcraft to be won if you do... and remember that your make doesn't need to be Vintage, although it must have stamping as the main focal point.

Thanks for coming by,

I am entering the card in the Penny Black and more challenge.

9 comments:

  1. My type of card Christine absolutely gorgeous. Love everything from the stamped image to the frantage thingy and papers. A very bit of cute stitching ties all the layers perfectly, again I love it.

    By the way you are welcome to come and have a crafty play anytime you want. lol

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its one I struggle with as well Christine, althougb you would never know you do from this, so much lovely texture along with the pinks.

    So pleased you shred it with us at Penny Black and More, lovely to have you join in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning with wonderful colours and lots to admire

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Christine, perfectly Shabby Chic, I love it.
    Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. I'm not really sure of shabby chic either but I like what you did. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get on with Vintage or Shabby Chic either but i think you have created a beautiful SC card. The textures and colours are fantastic, more please! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooow!!!!!! C'est super beau!!!! Une totale réussite, tes petites bonnes femmes Flonzcraft sont magnifiquement mises en valeur, la colorisation est parfaite et tous les détails sont adorables!!! :) Bisesssss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fear no more! You have captured the S/C idea perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and looks like you got the shabby chic beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Dies & Punches' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete