' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Resist stamping

Monday 25 May 2015

Resist stamping

If my readers haven't worked it out yet, blue is my favourite colour, so it was no imposition to follow the colour scheme at Lavinia Stamps this month.

I had to crack open my new Bistre powders and they produce a bit of a dirtier pink and blue than the Brushos do but I love the look.


I keep up with crafting news and the latest Tim Holtz release didn't escape my attention. One of the "new" product he has introduced with Ranger is Microglaze. The reason I was so interested is that I have bought Microglaze a few years ago (it was previously sold by Judikins) and haven't really used it in creative ways.  - for those who are not familiar with it it looks and feels like a paraffine wax, just softer -

I hadn't even tried using it as a resist with stamps, which I have seen people do. It had to be done...
I applied some glaze on a plastic palette and "inked up" my Lavinia Dandelions before stamping.

Then I sprinkled Bistre powders with a small (dry) brush and sprayed water over it. I repeated the operation where I felt I needed more colour and let the piece dry before mounting on a card base.
For embellishments I followed Bunny Zoe's Crafts idea of bows and buttons using recycled buttons I embossed in WOW pomegranate powder.

The Microglaze doesn't give as neat a result as embossing resist but gives a nice distressed effect. I am curious to what other creative uses Tim Holtz will come up for Microglaze...
Thanks for coming by,

Also entering the Allsorts and Ladybug Crafts challenges .

10 comments:

  1. Oh Wow....how very effective..... Good Luck in the Lavinia Challenge and thank you for entering. ..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely 'lush' is all I can say Christine, I love it. Blue is actually probably my least fav colour, yet I find myself using it time and again particularly with inky things so may need to take a rain check as to what colours i think I like.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Christine, totally forgot to thank you for joining in at Allsorts Birthday celebrations this week.

    Good luck with the big prize draw and don't forget the DT have more prizes on their own blogs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful card with such original artwork and colour mix

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, it's fabulous!... I haven't heard of Bistre powders......hope it's not something else I'm gonna have to invest in ;-) Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps and good luck in the draw.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'adore, elle est merveilleuse cette carte!!!! Bravo, quelle belle idée d'utiliser ainsi ce Microglaze, moi je n'en ai pas encore, je verrai si je peux en trouver... Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, good luck too, I have a prize as do some of the other DT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, WOW! I love that background effect with the Bistre powders. Just amazing!!
    Really cool effect with the Microglaze, as you say a more distressed look than regular embossing resist.
    Gorgeous card indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool, that's a great technique and a wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is beautiful, so unusual, love the colours and the effect is amazing!!!! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete