' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Tim Holtz tag August 2016

Friday 19 August 2016

Tim Holtz tag August 2016

Tim is combining Brayered stains with Frameworks for the August tag and I decided to join in.

If you want to read on the techniques and see the steps by steps, the Master's class is here.


The background is Distress inks in Antique Linen, Walnut, Scattered Straw, Red brick and Tumbled Glass.

The Hexagon framework has been die-cut with a thin die (Papertrey ink) which didn't give quite as good a result as the Steel rule Framework die would have given with Grungepaper. I decided that a bit more of distress, even unintentional, was OK....
I have filled my hexagons with:
  • canvas stamped with a music score, both on the primed side and the raw side on the reverse.
  • blue, mirror like foil, stuck on cardstock
  • cork from a thin sheet.
The die-cut flowers are by Papertrey ink (Larger Than Life die set) and the stamped and embossed mini tags are made with a Crafty Individuals stamp plate (CI-428 Its a Man's World).

I love how the background turned out and this has pushed me into trying something new which I actually enjoyed!

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the Craft Barn challenge challenge

5 comments:

  1. The black looks so striking against the inked and stenciled background Christine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tag with the great silhouette

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely! I love the string and tiny tags wrapped around! Beautiful detail, best of luck! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this - the colours are right up my street, and I love how the flowers are silhouetted against the bright glow at the centre. Gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Il est chouette aussi ce tag, même si ce ne sont pas trop mes couleurs pour ma part.
    Bonne nuit et bonne rentrée à toi et ton fiston! :)

    ReplyDelete