' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Fire and Ice

Sunday 15 October 2017

Fire and Ice

Paper Artsy is having a Glitter fortnight and I have been inspired by Nikki and the fab technique she used on her project and was running out of time to enter the challenge....


I used a double sided adhesive sheet and placed some die-cuts on one side (Diesire - Delicate Swirls Overlay Die) before applying gilding flakes (IndigoBlu Winter Dawn).

On the other side I placed a pine branch die-cut (Impression Obsession Pine Branch), which I had already embellished with embossing powders (White, Aged Aqua - Stampendous, Wow Seaglass).

Tipped half a bottle of fine glitter over it (Art Institute)... Added a sentiment die-cut from black cardstock - I'd planned to emboss it with gold glitter but I felt I had reached the point of TOO MUCH glitter already!

And unusually for me no stamping...

The shining effect is incredible, although in my case, as the glitter is blue, it does interfere with the lovely warm colours of the gilding flakes. A close up and like Nikki I am attempting video:

I would recommend the technique, despite the glitter mess and bits of flakes flying around, well worth it in the end!

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the Addicted to stamps challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun one to create Christine, nice soft glistening colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I struggled with dry glue as it's so messy but wow does it produce amazing results...as yours shows x I have a messy craft room but so well worth it. Glorious card and fabulous bling and techniques x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a spectacular glittery card! I love the sparkle and shine you can see on your video and it sounds like such a fun technique too - amazing 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's lovely and super sparkly. You can see it really shine in the video xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, scrumptious glitteriness!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Très bonne idée Christine, j'essaierais! bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Shimmer and glitter glamorous! This is one gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Addicted to Stamps and More Holiday gallery! Looking forward to seeing you in the next challenge!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glitter and gilding. What a fabulous sparkling holiday card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super project. Loved the video. You can really see all of the sparkle. Magical!
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete