' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Mixed Media card with a shortcut

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Mixed Media card with a shortcut

I do like to play with Mixed Media, but sometimes a shortcut is welcome! I created this card with new supplies from Crafts u love, in particular this beautiful paper pack:
It has some pages in black and white for you to colour, some that are too beautiful to tamper with and some,  like the one I picked for this project, offer a base to start from and avoid the blank canvas panic!
The paper is sturdier than tissue paper, and I collaged it on a spare piece of card.



Next I created a stencil with A Tim Holtz Mixed Media die from a piece of yupo paper, this paper die-cuts very well and can be wiped clean to re-use again and again.

With the stencil I applied texture paste and then Distress Oxides, which the acrylic paint resists.

My focal point is made of stamped fussy cut roses, from a Creative Expression set. Layered stamping is very much in vogue and personally, I love stamping in colour and getting away of the black outline look of classic stamps.

Finally I added an embellishment made from a stamped and die-cut tag.



Supplies:
Studio Light: Art By Marlene Collage Paper - No.2
Sizzix Time Holtz Mixed Media Thinlits
Tim Holtz 8" x 10" Alcohol Ink White Yupo Paper
Texture pastes
Distress Oxides inks
Creative Expressions Clear Stamp Set - Layered Buds & Butterflies
Paper Rose Die Set - Stitched Simple Tags
Phill Martin Sentimentally Yours Essential Sentiments Clear Stamp Set

There you have it, Mixed Media without the drying time!
 
Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the We Love To Create challenge.

6 comments:

  1. You have jazzed up the DP beautifully with the honetyomb pattern and it really picks out the colour of the lovely Roses.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love everything about this! Gorgeous colours and depth to your background! Great idea creating a stencil from Yupo, I'll be trying that! :)
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create! Jane S (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Christine, and thanks for the tip about the yupo - I'll have to try that! Have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background Christine and I love the idea of the Yupo paper as a stencil mmmm going to try this.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superbe !!!
    Et je vais essayer de faire des pochoirs moi aussi dans mon papier Yupo, merci pour le tuyau !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Astucieuse!!!
    elle est superbe cette carte! bises

    ReplyDelete