' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: The call of the sea at Hochanda

Sunday 5 August 2018

The call of the sea at Hochanda

Crafty friends, maybe you caught Crafty Individuals' shows on Hochanda on Friday at 3pm or yesterday at 10am. It featured new products, old favourites and samples created by moi… yes by me, myself with my fair hands!!! I bet you can tell I'm excited even from the other end of the wire...

If you missed either shows you can catch-up here and here the artwork was simply amazing, and I'm not talking about mine but the rest of the DT samples!

First up a stamp from the new release: CI- 497 Tropical Sunset available on Hochanda and soon on the Crafty Individuals website.

I chose a classic technique for this silhouette stamp and used a brayer with dye inks to create my sunset over my stamped trees. The pictures below show how each layer of ink builds up to the depth of colour required.



I added deeper blue at the very top and voila Caribbean sunset!

To finish the card I matted my scene on orange card and mounted the whole on a black card base, adding a white embossed sentiment from the CI-459 set 'Sandy Toes & Salty Kisses'

A spray of glossy varnish would bring back the vibrancy lost after drying but I had run out so I left it alone.

I hope you will like this and my other samples, which will be showcased here on my blog in the coming days.

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Craft Stamper TIMI, Penny Black and more (my is for Beach and of course the Black of the silhouette!) and Stamping Sensations challenges.

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning Christine. The colours that you've used are spectacular and it's lovely to see how your card progressed. I remember seeing this one on telly and it looked fabulous. The samples were out of this world and I'm sure that they could have filled the show just looking at them all. I absolutely understand what you mean about being excited and it still seems strange to me to see a card on telly that I've had sat looking at me in my craft room. Well done and I hope that we'll see more of your wonderful work in the future. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous creation for our I spy something beginning with "B" challenge at Penny Black and More. What a beautiful beach scene you created!
    Thank you so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Christine and I totally understand your excitement and echo what Sandra said. And it even odder once you have left a team and suddely you see a piece of work on screen which you sort of recognise and it takes a moment or two for the penny to drop.

    All your samples are beautiful and the first one really draws you right in with the vivid tropical colours. Great take on 'B's' for our 'I spy' theme at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in there and also at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is alwasy fantastic and this is such a beautiful piece.

    Well done on your showing.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog as well

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. What an amazing sunset .... wish I was there! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is amazing! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a dramatic effect. Thanks so much for sharing how you built it up - I actually quite like the one before you did this too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Christine. Great photos showing the stages. Love how you used the sandy toes and salty kisses underneath.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coucou Christine. j'adore ton coucher de soleil. et tu as su utiliser les bonnes couleurs. Ce fut deux beaux Shows. La DT à fait de magnifiques modèles et je suis très heureuse pour toi. bon week end. bises

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, Christine! I love it! I know what you mean about seeing them on the TV. I get such a thrill! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what awesome done with the colours. Beautiful!
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete