' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Seashells on the seashore

Thursday 9 August 2018

Seashells on the seashore

Today I'm showing one of the samples I made for Crafty Individuals Hochanda shows last week.  Last week I showed the CI- 497 Tropical Sunset (see my post here), now for the second one, CI-496 a beautiful large stamp full of seashells.


My vision was seashells still wet from the tide.
To create it, I used watercolour crayons directly on the stamp, lightly spritzed with water.

A further light spritzing of water before stamping and voila seashells in colour with darker shadows to provide contrast.

Then I covered the whole image in Versamark and embossed with clear powder, for that wet look. Simples...

To finish the card I added a sentiment from the CI-272 Seaside Treasures, embossed in white and a piece of string mounting the whole onto blue card.

Both the Tropical sunset and the Seashells are £2 off during the introductory period so it's a good time to grab them!

Stay tuned, there's more to come...
Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the That's Crafty, Stamping Sensations challenges.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Christine. Love the effect you have created.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Christine, I remember seeing this one too. I love the co,ours and the twine looks fabulous. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve just popped back to say thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

      Delete
  3. I couldn't resist this stamp and I love how you used it here. Anything goes at Lost Coast and how did you get that gallery tab of all your blog posts?? I have been meaning to ask that for a while...... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing seashell card, Christine! I love your spritzed stamping and the colors and depth! The sediment and twine are perfect to finish it off!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un tampon vraiment intéressant. tu as su l'exploiter parfaitement! très belle carte Christine. bises

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a really lovely background image and the subtle colouring compliments it perfectly Christine, many thanks for sharing a favorite stamp with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. This is such a gorgeous background stamp, love the subtle colouring achieved with the watercolour crayons.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very original style and the background looks amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Hugs Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missed the show Christine but I am hoping it is still on catch up at Hochanda as I would love to see the cards in the flesh so to speak lol.

    Fabulous make. Off now to see if it is still there.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Moi aussi j'aime beaucoup ton idée d'une foule de coquillages encore humides tout juste sortis de l'eau... Tu as toujours de super idées, bravo. Ta carte est juste parfaite Christine !
    Belle journée à toi, bises (et bonne reprise éventuelle!)
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete