' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: November 2011

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Calendar Challenge Finale!!!

At last! The moment has arrived and I can call my calendar finished. So happy it is completed, and that I managed to stay the course, thanks to the Craft Barn challenge and their team of talented designers.
Below is a picture of my front cover and a summary of all my pages.

For the cover, I used patterned paper as my background, overstamped and embossed in gold. The tag is from the same paper pack with added die-cuts. The saying is from a different paper pack and has been embossed and coloured to match the tag.

Hope you have enjoyed the journey...

Calendar Challenge Week 12

Last week of the Calendar challenge at the Craft Barn! The theme is Red and green, pine tree and sparkle.
I was thinking icy white, gold and/or silver.. well I had to rethink and I was not inspired!

The main image has been stamped with a Katzelkraft stamp , embossed in black, then coloured with felt tip pens. I distressed the whole panel with inks and matted it on handmade paper.
There are 2 further stamps (both freebies from a recent magazine) that have been embossed with clear powder directly on the calendar and highlighted with red and green distress inks.
I then used some die cuts around the page, including the tree and snowflake which I glittered in gold, and the holly branch which I "iced" with a mixture of white embossing powder, white/transparent glitter and perfect pearls (I was getting desperate) as shown here:

See you soon for the finale in which I reveal my cover for the calendar...

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Calendar Challenge Week 11

This week's challenge at the Craft Barn is "Pale yellow and grey/bare branches". In other words a foggy november day as we have had them this week!

The design came to me easily, as I didn't have a choice of stamps (should have bought that Impression Obsession stamp I have been hankering after) and had to use my go-to stamp fromCrafty Individuals. The realisation, however proved problematic!

The watercolour paper certainly helped creating a seamless grey-to-yellow sky and light-to-dark green field, BUT I could not get a good impression of the CI Individuals stamp with that much paper texture.
Note: Counter-intuitively, finer detail prints better than solid parts of the stamp!

Thanks for coming by,

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Blog Candy at the Craft Barn

To celebrate their 600th follower the Craft Barn is offering a fabulous blog candy. You can find it here.

Good luck!

Monday 14 November 2011

Calendar Challenge Week 10

The theme of the Craft Barn Challenge this week is "Autumn shades and leaves".  My original intention was to have a carpet of leaves with a main leaf more detailed in the foreground, but in the end I chose to leave the background white so that it did not outshine the main leaf's colours.

The main leave has been traced and watercoloured, the medium leaves were made with a stamp and the smaller ones are actually punched out from card (it doesn't show very well in the photo. As a nod to Tim Holtz, I applied some distress inks on some of the punched out leaves.

Hope you will like this page,

Friday 11 November 2011

Crafty Individuals Winter Wonderland challenge

The Crafty Individuals Challenge for November is Winter Wonderland. No traditional Christmas red and green for this one as I am quite bored with this color scheme. I  chose white and blues and greens... The stamps used are from CI- 209, I love these trees stamps and thought that in white they just cried out Snow!

For the base of the card, I (dry) embossed some snowflakes which I highlighted with distress inks. For the main image, I stamped and embossed several trees on white card, then applied distress inks in blue and green. Around the trees, to give them definition, I placed dark colours with markers and a water brush.

Thanks for taking a look,

Thursday 10 November 2011

Calendar Challenge Week 9

The theme of the Craft Barn Challenge this week is "Old paper" and red lines with die-cuts optional. As I need to keep my pages fairly flat I have incorporated only one die cut as a frame for the girl image.

The background was made by stamping second and third generation of a script stamp in Versafine sepia ink directly on the page, the first generation having been stamped on a separate piece of a spiral paper pad. Using cut  & dry foam I then applied Antique Linen Distress ink over all of the stamped script and once dry drew the lines with red pen. Finally,  to complete the (vintage) "school girl desk" look, I splodged some black ink (yes on purpose!).

Thanks for coming by,