' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: April 2011

Saturday 23 April 2011

And now for the second peacock...

Here is the photo of the second card I made during my workshop:

It still is the Katzelcraft stamp wich has been stamped with a blue Versafine ink (it is the only one that kept all the stamp details) on vellum. I then painted with cosmic shimmer powders over some areas, the peacock in particular and unfortunately the shimmer gets in the way of the photograph!
A silver mat has been cut and embossed with some Spellbinders dies and a blue mat has been adorned with the Vine X-Cut corner punch. The rose has been made with organza ribbon and sits on 2 leaves die-cut with a Joy Crafts die.


Sunday 17 April 2011

Simply Squares

I have taken up the Crafty Individuals first Challenge and put together this card with "squares" as inspiration.

I used the CI-207 stamp sheet, which I have completely dismantled in lots and lots of small stamps in order to create backgrounds. For this card's background I have first stamped and embossed in clear 2 of the stamps and inked the whole square (I have masked a small border all around the card) with varying shades of blue. I then over stamped in dark green and antique linen other elements.
For the main image I made a frame using 2 sizes of spellbinders dies and embossed it using Cosmic Shimmer Aurora powder in Lapis Black and some sprinkling of gold embossing powder. Inside the frame, the square has been distressed with Antique linen and a selection of the CI-207 elements have been stamped in green and blue inks. As a fun twist I then stamped a butterfly that would look sandwiched in the frame.
In the left hand corner I placed the small ferns squares which are also from the same plate and the dinky squares are double sided adhesive sheet cut into squares and foiled.

I love Crafty Individuals stamps and I thoroughly enjoyed making this card.

Thanks for stopping by,

Sunday 10 April 2011

All that Glitters...

This is my entry for the Craft Barn Challenge running from the 8th to the 10th of April 2011.

The Flower detail

I have used 3 sizes of punches, the biggest to cut out the doubled sided adhesive sheet, the other two to cut masks from the adhesive backing only. I then applied the biggest mask first and glittered in pink, then the smallest mask and glittered in blue, removed the mask and applied the final transparent glitter. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Thursday 7 April 2011

Stamping on metal

A few weeks back I attended a course involving Katzelcraft stamps (one of my favorite make of stamps), metal and vellum. Here I am showing you the first card, which has the Peacock stamped on metal with Stazon, then embossed using a refiner tool (Ten Seconds Studio), then painted with alcohol inks. I also used the wheels from the TSS basic set to give more texture around the peacock image.
If you look closely you might notice that using my alcohol ink loaded brush I displaced some of the Stazon. Lesson learned, I realised that you only have one chance at putting down your brushstroke in order to keep the stamp definition underneath but it is possible. The frame around the metal is by Spellbinders.

Thanks for coming by,