' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Seaside play

Thursday 23 August 2018

Seaside play

I'm showing this beach scene today as I'm too hot to contemplate doing anything but dipping my toes in cool water...
This one seems to be a favourite with lots of people and it appeared in a clip on Hochanda with some nifty zoom-in on the boy during the Crafty Individuals show in August.
The detail of the images is fantastic, provided you use a very smooth card and either Versafine or a good dye ink to get the best results! I used dye because with alcohol markers I find Versafine can bleed a little.

To stamp the girls (CI-284 'Life's a Beach Girlfriends')  I masked the frame of the original stamp design and cleaned up the ink where I wanted a less straight edge.
Both the girls and the boy (CI-459 'Sandy Toes & Salty Kisses')  are coloured with alcohol markers, whilst the sentiment (CI-454 'By the Sea' ) has been stamped with a Kaleidacolour inkpad in Sea breeze).

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Addicted to stamps, and Craft Stamper  challenges.

8 comments:

  1. awesome combination - I adore those c.i. stamps - brilliant! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle est super mignonne cette carte !!
    J'adore ta colorisation sur ce petit bonhomme, et c'est très belle association de tampons à laquelle je n'aurai pas forcément pensé.
    Je pense que tu as moins chaud maintenant... Ici, il pleut à verse en tout cas ! L'été touche à sa fin... snif.
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card that you made, I love the details that you used and the cartoon images. Hope you have a fantastic rest of your day. Keep up the posts.

    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous happy seaside card, with two lovely stamps working so wonderfully together! I will send you some of our cold weather : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work as always Christine.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another sweet card. The stamped images work great together. It's a bit cooler here today but hope the weather stays nice this weekend for the Steampunk Festival as I'm going up there to take photographs tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little seaside scene. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belle utilisation de ces tampons Crafty I Individuals. on ne s'en lasse pas!

    ReplyDelete