' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Botanicals

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Botanicals

I love this month Rubber Dance's challenge colour scheme, perfect for a Vintage feel and my choice of stamp, one of the images from the Antique Botanicals set designed by Katy Leitch for Rubber Dance.

My make is being shown off on the Rubber Dance blog as I am honoured to be guesting again!


The background is a 6x6 paper from a Melissa Frances pad, which I have distressed with ink and stamped with portions of the text image from the Collage Mix plate.

I colour matched a white doily (well half a doily!) using Distress inks to the blue of the challenge.

Embellishments:
A piece of vellum (Lakeland I believe-yes THAT old!), a piece of muslin, a piece of ribbon, a wood impression button (Trimcrafts Curiosity Corner) and some die-cuts.
I stamped the Camellia and  the small flower with Walnut Distress ink, after eliminating the Versafine in Sepia for lack of oomph. --- I do wish Versafine would come up with a dark brown!---

Anyway... Distress ink is not the best for detailed stamps so I was quite happy with the results, as the impression is still very good despite using Distress.

I used coloured pencils (Derwent) on the Camellia.

I decided I wanted to have some vellum (love the stuff, have loads but hardly use it) and cut a fishtail banner to place underneath my image.

Finally I decided to machine stitch a few elements in place and add a stitched border for extra interest.


I do hope you will like my card and are inspired to join the challenge at Rubber Dance.

Thanks for coming by,
  I am entering my card in the Penny Black and more, Stamping Sensations and Live & Love Crafts challenges

10 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful Camellia image Christine and like all your textural background treatment.

    It's so nice to see you at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card with great sewing that always draws me in to any project

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card with a nice vintage feel and a great layout too. thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Great photos, especially the last one. It really shows the dimension off wonderfully.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elle est belle ta carte Christine... Moi aussi je suis surprise par la qualité d'impression obtenue avec ton encre Distress! J'ai toujours peur d'une impression floutée moi aussi.. mais j'ai surement tort, ça peut donner de très beaux résultats visiblement! Bisous, j'espère que tu profite bien de ton week-end prolongé et ensoleillé partout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, love that camellia flower and your lovely layout ( I too have lots of that Lakeland vellum and keep using it !)

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous collaged make Christine and the Camellia is a beautiful stamp.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaah absolutely delightful and am loving the background too, thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting textures and a lovely image. Thanks for linking up to LLC's Blossoms and/or Butterflies challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete