' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Doodles tag

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Doodles tag

Paper Artsy challenge this fortnight is Scribbles and Doodles.

I remember doodling when we only had landlines with fixed cords and we had to sit still.... these days I'm just as likely to walk around with the phone or put the caller on speakerphone leaving my hands free for more urgent tasks! But since, I can't say I have doodled much and cannot claim to be proficient.

Still one had to try...



I used a piece of masterboard made with Fresco paints, including the stencilling and stamping and made it into a tag.
I used a Dreamweaver Butterfly stencil to apply a first coat of Gesso before a coat of Yellow submarine mixed with Matte Glaze. When dry I traced the stencil with a black fine line pen.

On to the doodling... inspired by Molly Hollibaugh's video on the challenge post here.

For no other reasons that the left hand corner felt bare I added this stamp (a magazine freebie from ages ago) with Archival ink.

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the SSS Wednesday and We Love to Create challenges.

9 comments:

  1. Good colour combinations Christine and the background is gorgeous. The butterfly is the icing on the cake.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like rather proficient doodling to me! I love your colour combo and the butterfly is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a doodler as well Christine, in fact in the office still am when have calls on hold. It's a beautiful background on your tag and a glorious Butterfly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, great doodling for the butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Il est super beau!!!!
    Bravo pour ce papillon très bien fait je trouve.. Et vraiment très beau sur ce tag, je te tire mon chapeau!
    Moi je ne me risquerai pas sur ce challenge, je manque trop de temps. Mais c'est peut-être une mauvaise excuse... :-)
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this is a gorgeous tag, I luv the background and the stunning butterfly! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous use of complementary colors! Beautiful tag and elements. Fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete