' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Straight A

Sunday 22 May 2016

Straight A

This time no twist, the Craft Barn Dictionary challenge is a straight A!

That, I have under control... I own all the stamps (and more) to illustrate my word, which had to be, Art. I purposefully avoided looking at the other entries but I am betting I won't be the only one choosing this word!


I have used papers from my scraps bin to create my collage and stamped in black Versafine, the Mona Lisa  and Art Definition (I only stamped the first 4 lines) from the Da Vinci set by Rubber Dance, the Collage and Art (word) from the Collage set, also by Rubber Dance.
Top is a scrap from a very old  Docraft 8x8 paper pack, bottom is a Kaisercraft paper and right are scraps from Paper Artsy Chatsworth paper with a wash of magenta Inktense.
I added a splat (embossed with white EP) and 2 coffee mug rings from the Messy Art set by The Artistic Stamper.

I didn't even have to print my usual dictionary definition since it's part and parcel of the design!

Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the Artistic Stamper, Stamping Sensations, WOW embossing powders, Craft Barn and Stamplorations challenges.

19 comments:

  1. Great collage Christine, it looks really effective in the monotone colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neutral tones of this and the splats. Straight A? No it's an A+++!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this, and although I contemplated using ART, mine would never have looked as good as yours. I was super impressed. And to think the definition was part of the stamp design. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful collaged piece Christine and a very apt choice.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your page! I no longer have my Mona Lisa stamp, wish I had kept her now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. En effet, le A s'imposait !! Simple et en même temps, super joli et bien fait... J'aime beaucoup. Bonne chance pour tous tes challenges, je viens pour ma part de rentrer ma carte dans le challenge du Craft Barn moi aussi! :) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic selection of stamps and I love the monochromatic feel of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for your A. Love the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant collage and using monochrome makes it all pull together as a whole. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab collage! I've got a Mona Lisa stamp, but it hasn't seen the light of day for some time - must dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous collage, loving the images you have chosen. Very Artistic. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations May challenge, hope to see you in June also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great use of scraps.on your fabulous collage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab collage and great interpretation of the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant collage, love this project! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A super collage! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very iconic image to represent Art. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so artistic and wonderful! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, dear - sorry for my late comment! I must visit your blog more often! This is a fab collage! Thank you so much for using my stamps! ♥

    ReplyDelete