' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Up with the larks

Friday 18 May 2018

Up with the larks


Welcome to my second inspiration post for the May Stamplorations Challenge. If you missed my first post I was Going down with the birds so I thought I should go up for this one...
 
The theme for our Theme and Sketch Challenge is Things with Wings, as all other Stamplorations challenges this month, and there is NO sketch.

https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2018/05/may-challenge.html



I made the background with the now classic Distress ink smear-spray-smooch technique, which turned out well for the first time!
I was after an early morning sky impression to accompany my stamped quote so I chose colours for a landscape.

I then Stamped the birds on the branch silhouettes images directly on the background, from the For the Birds set.


For the foreground bird, I stamped the image on a scrap of acrylic painted paper and then placed the die over the bird.
I find this method easier than to stamp on the die-cut, even with a clear stamp, especially as this die cuts the image exactly, with no margins. To line up the die perfectly I keep a piece of card which I previously die cut.

I then mounted this bird on foam pads and stamped the quote from the same set.


I hope I have inspired you to enter our Winged theme May challenge, there is still plenty of time for you to join in and you'll find more inspiration from my teamies on the Stamplorations blog!

***** BARGAIN ALERT *****

This month stamps, stencils, and dies in the Things with Wings section are automatically 15% off + an extra 20% off if you use the code STAMPGIRLCRAFTY  OR an extra 25% off if you are a premium stamp club subscriber.
*****

Thanks for coming by,

I am entering the Craft Stamper TIMI,Stamping Sensations, Lost Coast Designs, The Artistic Stamper, Penny Black and more challenges.

   

17 comments:

  1. Just popped over to see the full piece Christine but doesn't look like the post is up yet, looks good from the preview though.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it's all here as well now Christine and I can see your lovely inky bird tag, thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Christine. Had a bit of problem finding the whole tag and then realised I had to press the "read more" tab. Love your other birdy project as well. Super design.
    Have a great weekend.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag and I so love those stamps and dies. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful tag with a very happy feel to it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un bien joli tag sur le thème de la nature, astucieux avec le rappel de ces oiseaux en 3 dimensions...
    Et bonne nouvelle, je reçois de nouveau tes notifications !!!!
    Ouf... je préfère :)
    Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Christine!!!.. I have not heard of the smear spray smooch technique, but however you do it...you got a beautiful result, I adore your background effect, just perfect for the cute birds. Thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tag is gorgeous, Christine, from the fabuluous blended background to the design! Really inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these birds and have the dies on my wish list. What an awesome tag. The ink work is breathtaking! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely ink tag and such fab colours too.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely piece Christine, and what a fabulous sentiment! Have a very happy week, and thanks for joining in with us again at Lost Coast Designs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Bird tag! Love how you used your inks to create sky and grass. Lovely colors. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag with the birds.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful tag in lovely colours and design with the birds. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very neat tage! Thanks for joining in on The Lost Coast Designs "Tweet This" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag. Love that patterned bird. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely tag - the colors you used are so pretty. Thanks for joining in on the Tweet This Challenge at Lost Coast Designs!

    ReplyDelete