' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Crafty Individuals Project 4 Christmas in May

Tuesday 22 May 2018

Crafty Individuals Project 4 Christmas in May

Another episode of my makes as Guest Designer for Crafty Individuals in May. (You can find the post here)

I know Christmas is still far away but, like a wedding gown in a fashion show, a Christmas card is a must have in a crafter's portfolio.... Inspired by the song by John Lennon (So this is Christmas), I turned the house from the Crafty Individuals CI-460 Build a Landscape set into a snowbound abode using different media.


First I tried my design with pastels:

To create the card base, mat and the inner stencil I used to frame the image, I used the Spellbinders Grand Creative Book Pages set:







With the stencil in place I stamped the house with black ink and masked it before applying Pan pastels in the sky. For snow I used a white pastel stick.
I added the details on the house with a white acrylic pen (Graphmaster).

The sentiment is a Die'sire die cut.

For the second version I used Distress inks, following the same method as above. Most of the snow is untouched paper but I added white acrylic with the Graphmaster pen on the roof, top of the tree.


Thanks for coming by,


I am entering the Penny Black and more and SSS Monday Challenge challenges.

8 comments:

  1. A truly Beautiful snowy scene, many congratulations on being Mays Guest Artist at Crafty Individuals xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties using the CI cottage, I've only ever done summer and Autumn with it but it works beautifully for winter as well doesn't it. Many thanks for joining in with our May theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolument superbes !!!
    Mis bien sûr sur mon board d'inspiration Pinterest! :)
    Tu parles de stencil... Un pochoir de même forme que ton die intérieur, qui serait fourni avec ?... Ou un que tu as fabriqué à partir de ce die??
    Bravo en tout cas pour ton ingéniosité et ces deux très belles cartes tout à fait originales. Belle utilisation aussi de tes panpastels et autre craies! Je n'y pense jamais assez moi, alors que j'en ai beaucoup...
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super idea to use the Crafty Individuals cottage for Christmas (might have to give that a try myself - if I can find the stamp in my arsenal that is!!!!!!!) - Gorgeous makes. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belle utilisation des pan pastels, j'aime le rendu, c'est très beau!
    je ne pense pas à utiliser souvent les dies, faudrait que je m'y mette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous stamp, and both versions are beautiful. I can hardly believe how effective the simplicity of the white and kraft version is, and that blue sky in the second is glorious.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and kinda romantic. Love the image and the sky behind it. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards and what a super stamp.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete