' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Secret Garden

Friday 3 November 2023

Secret Garden

Hello crafters! 

Today is a special day... I am featuring as GDT on the Creative Artist Challenge blog, where the theme is Anything Mixed Media goes!  I would usually have paints involved for a Mixed Media make but my muse decided otherwise... 
I was itching to use wood again and make a door hanger (see my previous one here) with a garden theme. 




For my base, I die-cut my wood panel (this is very thin food tray wood that I upcycle) and embossed it with the Sizzix/Tim Holtz 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder - Lumber (662718).



My background "garden" is a piece of sprayed cardstock in Distress Oxide Blue print, Tea dye and Cosmic Shimmer - Pearlescent Airless Mister in Hello Sunshine.  


All the garden elements have been stamped, die-cut and coloured with pencils and are all from the Crafters Companion Country Lane collection.


For finishing touches I added the embossed "garden" a stamp by Paper Artsy (ELB02) with Cosmic Shimmer in Aurora. It's a very thick EP with lots of small speckles that blew all over which gave that imperfect look (my heat gun is over enthusiastic shall we say!)
Finally, I dug deep into the stash to retrieve Flowersoft! Anyone remember how popular this was? I felt positively virtuous using it as, let's face it, my pot hasn't seen a lot of action and yet, at the time, I had to have it.

I hope you like this make and pop over to the Creative Artist Challenge blog to see all the DT makes and link up to the challenge.

Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield   I am entering the SSS Wednesday, Addicted to Stamps and
                                                        Allsorts challenges

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty Christine and a nice nudge to warmer days, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and using the embossing optional theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Franchement bravo, que d'idées tu as !! Pour commencer j'adore ton fond en bois embossé à partir d'un fond alimentaire fin, je n'y aurais jamais pensé ! Ensuite , ta petite scène de jardin en relief est adorable 😍 j'aime beaucoup ton embossage de titre aussi... top ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely imaginative make, I adore the idea of a doorway to a secret garden what an escape that would be. A childhood favourite book of mine. Glad you got to use that flower soft, it's gives a very effective texture.
    Thank you for being our November Guest Designer @ Creative Artiste, wonderful to have you with us.
    Creative wishes Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
    DT Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks so inviting! It is evident that you enjoyed this upcycling project. I love your coloring very much. :-) A huge thank you for being our guest designer at Creative Artiste this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a stunning make! I love the shimmer of the background and the way the arch leads you into the pretty garden - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Creative Artiste and for the amazing inspiration. Happy November ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous door hanger and a fabulous idea to use the wood as a base. The lovely garden elements look so pretty and the Flowersoft and embossing add wonderful textures. Thank you for being a fantastic Guest Designer for us at Creative Artiste this month xx
    A quick tip for thick embossing powder - heat from underneath first so the enamel starts to set. Finish from the front as the powder should now stick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being our Guest Designer for this month at Creative Artiste. What a fabulous door hanger - that reminds me to try and add one of these to my 'to be made list' which is growing ever longer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous door hanger. Love the use of wood. Great 3d effect and so very pretty. Lovely to have you as our Guest at Creative Artiste this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this door hanger! Thanks for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete