' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Christmassy Robin Card

Wednesday 13 December 2023

Christmassy Robin Card

This year I have had a bit of an obsession with "floating" frames, this card uses a similar but simpler version (quicker) of this one here. 


I created an aperture in a panel of kraft cardstock and I added die-cuts of pine tree branches which I coloured with inks, crayons and sprays (don't ask). I popped up the whole on foam pads before adhering to the card base. 

The sentiment (Diesire) and the snowflakes (Papertrey ink) have been die-cuts out of glitter paper.
Pip, the red breasted robin, is die-cut using the printed image (Two Red Robins). 

Finally, I spattered some acrylic paint for a bit of Christmas snow... 

And if you wondered, yes, I am still loving the effect of the extra dimension this technique gives to a card. If you want to see more they are Tropical Frame (sloth) and Autumn Leaves

Thanks for coming by,

 Craftyfield   I am entering the SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday
                                                         and Allsorts (my B is for Bird)challenges

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love how you’ve perched your lovely robin on the pine branch. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the I Spy option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Christmas Robin card Christine, I do love a frame and especially an arch.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il est beau ce petit rouge-gorge... du plus bel effet sur ta carte ! Et tes branchages de houx sont super bien colorisés... Maios d'accord, je ne te demande pas ahah ;-)
    Bises
    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
    DT Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is stunning! I love robins and this is so beautifully designed with the fir tree branches and snowflakes - perfect 😊. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete