' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Winter scene under the stars

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Winter scene under the stars

Hello crafters another winter scene... this time I went for the more whimsical with the Lavinia Honeysuckle cottage (LAV687) fit for a fairy and the starry sky of a magical Christmas... 


I stamped and masked the cottage and created paper masks to colour sky and hills with Distress inks.  

In the sky I stamped and embossed the stars (LAV152 Stars Mini); on the sides of the card I stamped the fir tree (LAV478) with both green and brown inks (Versafine).  

I used colour pencils for the cottage and added some shimmering white ink (brilliance Moonlight White) with a sponge on top of the hills, roof and fir trees as if snow had settled there. But since this wasn't noticeable enough, especially in photos, I also used white gel pen on the trees and rocks. 

I considered adding a sentiment at the bottom and maybe will do later! 


Thanks for coming by, 

 Craftyfield   I am entering the Stamping Sensations (favourite colour is blue),
                                                        SSS Monday, and Lost Coast Designs challenges 



5 comments:

  1. Very magical and atmospheric Christine.

    In case I'm not here again, Happy Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore, elle est trop mignonne cette carte... Avec un bel entrelacement de lignes aussi, et un beau choix de couleurs, bravo ! Je te souhaite un Joyeux Noël... éventuellement, surveile ta bal :D Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your magical scene with the sweet fairy house and starlit sky, beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Merry Christmas
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful! I can picture a family of gnomes living in this little hut. Love the starry sky you created. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magical scene! Loving all your beautiful shading and stars 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete