' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Childhood is...

Saturday 13 September 2014

Childhood is...

Childhood is my choice of word for the latest Craft Barn Challenge. I haven't really tried to illustrate the quote as it is such a conceptual one, so I took my inspiration from using:
  1. new stuff  (as in brand new)
  2. old stuff  (very old, very very old & antique)
  3. scraps.
 First, I wanted to play with my new embossing folder (Tartan by X-Cut), well new to me as I got it in the sales! I wanted to use my old watercolour crayons again and tested a few versions. In the end I first inked the folder with Distress ink in Tumbled Glass, embossed and highlighted the raised areas with the crayons.
The colours were inspired by my scraps, this time ribbon scraps, as this is the challenge at Lavinia Stamps. These had been lying around for ages waiting for a purge! (still have 2 drawers full of varying lengths though...)


Before stamping both in grey and black my Dandelions (Lavinia), I run the background in the label die and embossed, in order to flatten the panel.

I used my antique gel pens to write the quote and to colours the edge of the label.

Quite pleased with my purchase as I have the choice of which part to colour allowing for an infinite number of designs!

Thanks for coming by,

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous interpretation and I love the quote, the colours you have used are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge fan of Lavinia stamps, loved what you have created especially when you are recycling your stash. Love the quote:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment on my 'Childhood' post. I appreciate that you think it fantastic that I 'found' my inner child to illustrate the quote when actually I had no choice but to draw like that, as I can't draw people any other way, lol. Thank you so much for thinking I have an alternative. Have a super Sunday (hug) x

      Delete
  4. That's a great embossing folder. Doesn't it feel good to use some old stash! Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I like how you approached it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Miranda Hart too! "Such fun"... Love the originality of your page and the illustration is so perfect for Miranda's quote!

      Delete
  6. Love this card, gorgeous stamping.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Your masterful stamping of the dandelions in both grey and black is perfect! Always fun to find a project to use up some bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely creation with your very special touches!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you with mine, I had not heard of your quote, either. I think this was the perfect way to illustrate this quote. And you brought so many wonderful elements into this one, too. I adore that ribbon (and rick rack, too). It struck me I need to start using ribbon in my paper crafting. Thanks for the nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ton classeur d'embossage est super joli, de même que ces tampons Lavinia. J'aime bien ton mélange de teintes aussi, très sympa cette réa. Mais j'aurais préféré la citation de Baudelaire en Français, sacrilège ah ah!! ;) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful use of ribbon on a lovely card! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a gorgeous creation, wonderful quote and I love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep looking at that tartan embossing folder, and I think you have just persuaded me that I do need it. This is beautiful. love the stamping in grey and black

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful piece and such lovely handwriting - I'm green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work! I love the background you have created and great quote xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the effect of that embossing folder and your crayons. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your embossing folder was a good purchase and I love the way you have coloured the embossed pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! Your tartan looks great! I'm thinking I need those stamps….Chris:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice effect achieved here with this card and pretty colours.
    Thanks so much for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, Good Luck.
    Karen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky you that your antique gel pens still write, mine just died on me :-)

    ReplyDelete