' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Things with wings

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Things with wings

As a rest from autumnal makes, I wanted to create something darker, a bit steampunk in atmosphere. The Stamping sensation challenge want to see Winged things, perfect occasion to use my winged lady.

Taunted by the Lisa.B. Designs challenge, I decided to have another go at crackle medium and this is my second attempt, the first one having produced a small crack in a whole 6"x6" piece of card.

For the main image I used off-white card and stamped the Winged lady (Paper Artsy ID02) in black, before applying inks. I whitened face, hands and wings  by brushing water and dabbing.

For embellishments I layered a Lime green and a black flourish die-cut and added lace to my main image. I didn't want to cover all my hard-to-get-crackle, so only added  a die-cut hole reinforcer in the same green cardstock and black ribbon.

The colours were inspired by the Sprinkle of Imagination challenge and I managed to use all of them!
I am also entering the Live & Love Crafts and Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I made a mistake about the stamp in my first comment! Meant to say that I love this image,think it was one of the first paper artsy stamps I ever bought, you have used it to great effect here and love the crackle background too

    Thanks for joking us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour combinations, fab image and a rather spiffing Tag! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for persevering! That's a great tag & the crackle looks fab. I love that PA image too. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great tag and perfect colours that really draw the eye. I also struggle with getting decent cracks, I'm told it's all about getting the medium thick enough.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crackled background has worked really well with this wonderful image.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool tag; great background. Thanks for joining LLC for our wings-challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super joli, ton contraste est génial. Bises

    ReplyDelete