' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Darcy Journalling Challenge

Monday 15 September 2014

Darcy Journalling Challenge

Time to tackle Darcy's 8th challenge, alas the last one.

Again I have followed fairly closely Darcy's step by step and I have only changed a few things such as the stamps if I didn't have them or using watercolours (tubes) instead of Fibralos.


The stamp I used to create my frame is from EEV06, I also used the bubble wrap stamp for one of my leaves.
I used Hot Pick 1204 for my quote.
Since I didn't have any stamp appropriate to make an impression in the tree's paste, I used my palette knife to draw the bark.

Unbelievably, my favourite bit turned out to be the apples! I was dreading tackling shading on such a small scale but I just love how they turned out .
The foliage isn't great and maybe I should have sponged my paint rather than using a stamp (an old grass stamp) that wasn't quite the appropriate motif.

My leaf techniques clockwise from the bottom left were: gilding wax on top of paste, stencilled paste, stamping with Fresco, brushing several strokes of colours, stippling (the middle leaf in red), stamping into paste, overlaying opaque layers, embossing with paint, overlaying translucent paints, and finally splattering diluted Fresco.

I am also entering the PanPastel UK challenge.

A big thank you to Darcy for writing these great tutorials which gave me the push I needed to try things I would not normally consider!

7 comments:

  1. I love the apples! Mine were a bit mono-tone! Your tree is gorgeous, and so are the colours in your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page background, your apples are a huge success! You have tried lots of techniques which are fantastic, glad you enjoyed playing. Your tree is amazing :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! your background is perfect, really makes the tree pop. Love your apples. I keep finding spare ones on my desk lol they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je suis triste de ne pas avoir eu le temps de le faire ce dernier challenge de Darcy, j'ai tellement aimé le seul que j'ai eu le temps de réaliser... Du coup, je suis quand même super contente de voir ta page, je la trouve très chouette !... Elles sont belles tes pommes en effet !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous take on Darcy's page. Love your leaves and the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful version of Darcy's page! That's a great quote, & I love your leaves!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant tree, like the quote
    Janet

    ReplyDelete